25. Coming Out

Growth is painful; change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying somewhere you do not belong
-

The gang was together again after a long time. All of them were huddled into Hobi's dance studio of which Jungkook was now a regular. It was one of those days where they had come here to unwind and catch up. Over time, they had traded the gym for the dance studio - somehow dancing seemed more fun than running endlessly on a treadmill or lifting weights. Even though Jimin and Jungkook enjoyed the occasional morning run in their neighbourhood, when the studio was free they came to get their sweat on. Dancing was just carefree and a much more fun way to workout.

Dance - for just like it had brought them together - played a big role in improving the intimacy between Jimin and Jungkook. It was the things they did together - like dancing or Jimin's new found love for photography under the tutelage of Jungkook or the candle lit dinners and countless walks in the park that added new layers to their relationship and revealed a little bit more of each other's personality. For example, Jungkook had just realized that Jimin that Jimin easily got jealous. Since Jungkook no longer needed to be taught how to dance, Jimin had become a little jealous. Jimin was the kind of person who wanted to be needed, it fuelled his personality and dance had been something that he knew well so, it hurt a little to know that he was no longer needed. Jungkook - the ever observant and considerate boyfriend knew this and like any good boyfriend would, he indulged him. He let him teach him even though, he already knew the steps. He knew that was the one part that Jimin enjoyed having control and he would be lying if he said he didn't like the in-control Jimin and so he let him boss him around. There were two areas Jungkook knew not to cross the line; one, dancing and two, his job. Respect right?

So here they were collapsed on the floor of the dance studio after an intense dance session. Hobi and Jimin had worked them hard over the last hour and a half and they were spent.

One didn't need a map to know the relationships that existed in this group of friends.

Namjoon and Jin bickering over who was the best dancer between them and throwing jabs at each trying to get a vote out of the others on who looked more ridiculous while dancing. The others had come to accept the funny dynamics of their relationship. Anyone meeting them for the first time would assume that the two didn't like each other. Au contraire, they loved each other just as much as they bickered and above everything else, they had great respect for each other.

Tae had found his comfortable space in Tae's lap; they were lost in their own perfect little bubble sharing eskimo kisses and whispering words of endearment to each other. With Hobi, Jungkook had discovered a new softer and gentler side to his best friend. The Tae he saw now completely contrasted the person he knew in his past relationships; he was more considerate, compromising and no longer had the selfish streak in him.

Yoongi's boyfriend was in town again and he had been absolutely delightful company so he had joined them to see what they did in their free time. They all liked him - he made their friend happy and they supported them fully and welcomed him fully into their close circle of friends and Yoongi had recently let them know that they were talking about him relocating to Seoul. They had been exploring what options he had as a foreigner in terms of career, residency and other legal issues. The distance was not a fun aspect of their relationship and they wanted to move to the next level of their relationship. Because he was in town for a short while he and Yoongi had hit the showers right after the dance to prepare for their date. Yoogi had been doing all in his power to have him experience life in Seoul so that he would be convinced to make the move.

Jimin and Jungkook sat on the other end of the hall in the corner and kept flirting - like they always did. Jimin blushied as the latter teased the hell out of him. It surprised the others that even after all this while they still behaved like they did when they first met - oh young love.