17. Ghost from the past

The past is who we are, it prepares us for the future, it makes us strong.

He kept glancing at his watch every other minute.

“When would this day end?” he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He just wanted to rest up. His first major project had been a major success. Jimin had just moved into this new position when he was tasked with this responsibility and he felt like he had been running ever since. With it over, he could now slow down and concentrate on other things.

The crowd was getting the better of him. His energy levels were depleted and he could not wait for the day to be done. He still had a few people to talk to so when he had a little break, he found a quiet place, buried his hands on his face and sighed. It was finally over.

That familiar warmth he had come to love enveloped him. Those hands he had come to know so well wrapped around his waist as the familiar scent did wonders to his nerves. "You did it babe!" Jungkook said and his warm breathe brushed upon his ear sending tingles along his spine and left his knees weak. Even after a while, he still had the same effect on him like the first time.

"Thanks baby!" he said and turned around, wrapped his arms around Jungkook’s trimmed waist and assumed his favourite position on his chest. "I really needed to hear that from you," he confessed and he took a deep breathe and closed his eyes. Reassuring words coming from Jungkook always had a different effect. They stood there in each other’s arms in comfortable silence.

Their peaceful silence was interrupted by a series of messages on Jimin's phone. They were from Lisa.

Congratulations my dear.  You did well.
Where are you?
...
Everyone's looking for you. Have you seen the stock prices? You are a magician and I am sure there will be a big bonus for you.

Get here now!!!!

Knowing that the messages would not stop until he responded, Jimin pulled away from the embrace and quickly responded:

Okay okay okay! Be there soon
And thanks for the compliments
Love you 😘

"I have got to go. See you at the after party?" Jimin asked as he completely detached himself from his boyfriend. Jungkook whined at the loss of contact.

"Sure. Save me a dance?" Jungkook replied.

"Will see about that!" He smiled as he began to walk away.

"Wait?!" Jungkook called.

"What?"

"How come Lisa gets to be loved and I don't?" Jungkook whined and pulled his lips in a kiss towards Jimin.

"Boy, you trippin'," Jimin laughed but kissed him all the same before he walked away.

The after party went late into the night and it had been epic. Everyone partied just as hard as they had worked. Since the launch had finally happened, the employees had won a couple days off.

The break worked well for Jimin and Jungkook. They still had the restaurant launch to worry about and having a couple of days off would give them some room to focus and put their all in. They were all tired and couldn't wait for the dust to settle. But they weren't about to lax until the restaurant had been reopened.