Chapter Eleven: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

"Alright, goodnight Sweeheart." He said, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead before sauntering back to his tiny car.

~*~

A continuous buzz sounded in my ear and I tried to bat it away, but it was persistent, the pesky thing.

"Shut. Up." I groaned, smacking my hand out in an attempt to stop my alarm. I reluctantly climbed out of my tangles mess of sheets and went to the bathroom. I threw on a pair of plain skinnies, white tank top, a brown leather jacket and my usual black converse.

"Goodbye, Parents! I'll see you after school!" I shouted out, earning muffled replies from the family room as I rushed out the door. With my bag hoisted up onto my shoulders, I walked a steady pace towards Liam's house. Knocking lightly on the door a familar face appeared.

"Why if it isn't Summer Littlemore. How have you been, my dear?" Dawn asked as she opened the door wider for me to enter.

"Ms Martin," I greeted as I passed her with a small smile. "I've been good. How about you and Richard?" I asked, making light conversation, even though I was itching to see Liam. I don't know why, but I felt like something bad was going to happen and I just wanted him near, incase.

"Oh, you know us oldies. Still living, I s'pose." She chuckled walking to the kitchen. "Have you had breakfast, Honey?" She asked, walking up to the fridge getting ready to prepare me something.

"Oh, of course." I lied, knowing she would force feed me if I hadn't have.

"Alright, Liam should be out in a second, Sweeheart." I grinned at the nickname, but it didn't have the same effect as someone else I knew's voice.

"Summer."

I turned toward the breathless voice and found Liam propping his back up on one shoulder. He had a plain lime green shirt on today, which contradicted his choice in footwear. His typical red converse. Then there were also a pair of plain blue jeans.

He walked over to me as I shamelessly travelled my eyes over his body and handsome features. I reached up when he came within reaching distance, and ran my fingers through his lush, short, golden brown curls. He smiled and leaned down to brush a kiss against the corner of my mouth.

"Lets get going before we're late." He murmured lowly, glancing at the clock on the wall above my head. I reluctantly retracted my hands out of his hair, but his own quickly grabbed mine. Ms Martins gazed down at out interlocked fongers with a nostalgic smile on her lips, but she quickly snapped out of it. She ushered us out of the house and before I knew what was happening, we were on our way to school.

We walked in silence at a steady pace. The calming sound of the gentle rustling of the trees, along with the quiet chirping of the birds around the area made me sigh to myself. We lived in such a beautiful little town.

"I'm not surpised, not everything lasts, 

I've broken my heart so many times, I've stopped keeping track.

Talk myself in, talk myself,

I get all worked up and i let myself down."

Michael Buble's song, Just Haven't Met You Yet, sounded from my cell and scrambled to pick it up, knowing exactly who it would be.

"Hey An -"

"Hey Summer!" She said quickly. I frowned and just listened. There was obviously something she wanted to say to me.

"Are you alri -"

"I'm fine."

I huffed and I realised we were about to enter the school's double doors. "Look Anna, if you're already here, I'm just coming inside now. I'll meet you in the caf." I said, getting ready to hang up.

"Wait!" She yelled frantically. "You can't, I - umm, let's go somewhere else. Actually you should probably just go home, I think there's a terrible fly going around. Right Caleb? Yeah, there is Summer, he just nodded." She stated in a gigantic rush. I furrowed my brows at the reciever and placed it back on my ear when I think I got the memo.

"Honestly Anna, me and Liam are almost through the doors. I'll see you in a sec."

"No, wait, Sum -" But I hung up. What was her problem? Honestly, what could possibly be that bad that she tried to get me to ditch school. Seriously.

"What was that about?" Liam asked as he opened the doors with his free hand. I shook my head and looked around the cafeteria for my best friend who was waving frantically on a table to the far left. I rolled my eyes, but something stopped me. I looked over to the other side and noticed a giant circle formed near the popular table.

What was going on?

I shared a look with Liam and we cautiously made our way over, weaving through the large mass of 'it' people with a our hands still interlocked. When we finally made our way to the front, the guy in the middle was facing the opposite direction from me. I narrowed my eyes at his muscular back clad in a black shirt paired with ripped blue jeans and skate shoes. His dirty blonde hair that streaked with bleach blonde highlights seemed achingly familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He laughed with a couple of people before a kid's eyes went wide and he pointed a finger in my direction.

The guy turned and my breath caught in my throat.

No! He can't be back!

My hand unconsciously tightened on Liam's and he stared down the male that smirked an evil smile at me, before recognition took place. He instinctively pulled me behind him and took a defenseive stance in front of me.

He looked back at me, away from the devil himself and grounded out.

"This is Heath Matthews?"

~*~

Dun Dun DUUUN.

Yeah, so. Just to clarify anything, Heath Matthews (A.K.A just plain Heath) was mentioned in a previous Chapter, number 4: You Light Up My World. He was the guy who made Summer messed up. He abused her sexually.

^Just to clarify anything for you guys!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'll try and upoad soon!

Thanks for reading!!

~Madison x