CHAPTER LV

" Congratulations ma'am you're two months pregnant "

" What! " yasira shouted. " Doct-or yo-u yo-u said two weeks what! "

Rahama snorts " you're pregnant aunty."

" of course I heard! " she said sternly at rahama

Rahama raised her hands up in surrender " I was only saying "

The doctor looked at them with a surprised expression. They are being funny with the way they keep arguing. He interfered before they could start another drama.

" I'll advice you to always have some rest and don't you worry about the cravings and puking. It's all normal with pregnant women. " he adviced

" Thank you doctor " she nodded

" so here is the result. I'm sure you'll want to show your husband " he hand over the result to her. It was inside a small envelope.

" erm yeah. " she took it from him." Thanks "

" yeah thank you once again " rahama said with a small smile

The doctor shook his head " you don't need to thank me. I'm only doing my job "

" OK then. We'll take our leave now " yasira said

" OK goodbye" he stood up to open the door for them " my regards to alhaji "

" I'll send your regards. Goodbye once again"

They walk out of the office. The news wasn't still settling for aunty yasira. Of course she had had haunches that she might be pregnant but when the doctor said it, it felt like a dream to her. It's been 13 years now since she gave birth last. She has been having difficulty getting pregnant and has already lose hope. Allah surely have his ways of doing things.

" so I'm pregnant! " she said all of a sudden

Rahama chuckled " you better start believing it. I'm getting a little brother or sister soon! "

" I can't believe it"

" let's just go home to spread the good news! " rahama dragged her out of the hospital

***

" Thank you son for honouring my request. I know you wouldn't let me down"

Sadiq nodded. He knew this meeting is about something he wouldn't like at all " Don't forget you're like a father to me."

" Thank you son " he cleared his throat " I don't need to waste much of your time so I'll just go straight to the point "

Sadiq nodded, signaling him to continue

" Your father told me about this issue you two have. I'm not saying I'm on his side son,all I'm saying is that you shouldn't be too hard on your dad. I would love it if you two meet up and talk like men. Try settling this argument . Anger leads you to no where. It'll only lead you astray "

" I absolutely respect you sir. If I had knew you wanted  talking to me about that man I wouldn't have come, sorry to say sir. You don't know what that man had made me gone through!. When I needed his help he is always not there!. He treated me like shit!"

Sadiq  shakes his head sadly" Those time when I was still mourning my mother, he wasn't there. It was as if I wasn't his son and the worst of all is that his wife who he loves so much wasn't even helping matter. She made everything hell for me!"

" I understand your pain, I do. He told me everything and more. He felt so bad for doing what he did to you . He regrets doing it"

Sadiq snorts " so he think he can now ask for forgiveness now that I'm rich! . I know he wants to use me especially now that his company his suffering from bankruptcy. I know everything that is happening to him and I wont give him the satisfaction to use me "