CHAPTER IX

"assalamualaikum"

Sadiq rise his head and was met with his drained friend. He unplugged the iron he was using "Alaikum salam. Finally you're here." he replied to Jafar.

Jafar walks straight to the bed, he kept his bag on one side and lye flat on the bed.

" I'm so so tired and hungry wallahi"

Sadiq hang the shirt he was done ironing and went to drag a stool to sit on " see this boy fa, wasn't there a cafeteria at your workplace? "

Jafar sighed " of course, there is, I didn't go there coz their price is too high. I haven't even earned my first salary self so why waste so much money" he pout with a sagged shoulder?

Sadiq looks at him funnily " you better not kill yourself with this your economizing. With time everything will get better. "

" hmm I heard you "

Sadiq only shake his head " I'm telling you the truth fa. I was surprised when I saw you called and the most surprising thing is the fact that you just want to ask if I have already prepared dinner" he chuckled

When Jafar was on his way home after the long work at the office, he made sure to call Sadiq in other to ask if dinner was ready. Already, Sadiq had finished preparing dinner as today was his turn.

Jafar got up from bed and marched to their drawer " what do you want me to say now? I already told you that I have heard "

"Anyway, how did your day go?" Jafar changes the topic and pulls off his shirt.

Sadiq sat upright " well, it went OK? " he wasn't even sure if that was the right way to put it

Today was totally bad for Sadiq. He woke up early this morning with his major illness which was asthma. He has been diagnosed with the ailment at the age of 18 and he makes sure to always properly take good care of himself. But today's own wasn't easy, it drained him.

Jafar scoff and gave him a quizzical look " why did you say it like you aren't even sure how your day went" he came back to sit on the bed

"Well, you should already know what I meant," said Sadiq.

Jafar sat, trying to process what he meant. He joins two and two together " don't tell me that your asthma is back again? "

Sadiq nodded

" you need to go to the hospital, you know how it always wears you down. Let not forget that yours is very chronic "

" of course, I have taught about going to the hospital tomorrow " he stretched and stood up " anyways let me serve the food"

" I almost forgot, there is something you need to know about your brother," said Jafar, remembering what Sakeena had told him.

" what is it about him," Sadiq asked confusingly

" something so shocking, I tell you. But let me have my meal first before I tell you, that is if you don't want me to die of hunger" he smirked

An already eager Sadiq glares at him. He was all ears to what his friend wanted to say but the idiot isn't going to say anything till he have food in his stomach.

" food monger Kawai " Sadiq muttered and went to fetch the food

" I heard that " Jafar shouted

" of course, you were meant to hear"

" Whatever"

***

" little one, I think you should leave the remaining work till tomorrow. You've been working since you came to the office and it's 6:00 pm now. "Rahama's dad scolded. He sat opposite her with crossed legs.