CHAPTER XIII

Upon reaching Rahama's house, Mansir repair his kaftan before getting out of his car. He look remarkable perfect,if that was the right word. He is very passionate about his sense of fashion . He majestically walk to the gate and knock on it. The gateman rush to the door upon hearing the sound.

The gateman peep through the peephole " Sannu oga( well-done oga) . Who are you looking for ?" asked the gate man

" your madam "

The gateman was confused, he remembered that young madam told him to open the door for a particular young man around 2pm, which he has already done. She never made mentioned that two men will come over. Now I'm confused ,thought the gateman. Maybe I should just ask him his name, since madam already told him the name.

" waitin be your name, oga? " ask the gateman

Mansir couldn't comprehend if this particular question, the gateman ask was a joke or not. Didn't Rahama said she already told the gateman to open the door once  he get here.? Then why is he still hesitant on opening

Mansir breath in to calm his anger

" Mansir"

At this, the gateman eyes open  in realisation that he has allowed the wrong man to enter when in actual sense, this was the man madam was waiting for. Na shiga ukwu

He quickly open the gate wide " am beri sori oga, sori oga( am very sorry oga). I no no say na you madam say make I open door for, sori oga"

Mansir shot him a death glare " you better not repeat that  next time, if not, you will lose your job"

Upon hearing this , the gateman quickly went down on his knees " forgive me oga, I no go do am again. No tell madam, please no vex"

" stupid old fool" muttered mansir. " Get up and show me the way"

The gateman did as he was told. Scared of facing madam, he only pointed where Mansir should follow and ran back to his duty post. The latter could only shake his head at the gateman stupidity. He kept thinking at the fact that, if the gate man was working for him, he would have fired him already. He should better thank his lucky stars .

He calmly walk towards the door step full of thoughts. When he was 6 feet away from the door, he stopped on his track at the two voice arguing with one another.

It was Rahama and a man. He could only see the man's back since that was what was facing him. He wanted interfering but decided against it, in other to know what it is they were arguing about.

" what? You mean little girl? "  

" you know what I meant. Just get out of my house "

" what if I don't, will you carry me out? " the man arguing with Rahama retort

" you're unbelievable "  Rahama reply

" why, thank you " the man bow

" I wasn't complimenting " said Rahama

" who cares if you are or not"

Mansir couldn't pinpoint what the whole quarrel was all about. To him, they both look like two couples fighting over silly things.  He just couldn't help this burning feeling in him, so he  interfere.

" just get out of m.....

" WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE "

The two paused.

Rahama quickly came out to the opening to met Mansir's gaze. " you're here already " she said with a bright smile. She  had expecting him to return her smile and compliment her dress but he didn't.