CHAPTER XXX

After lots of effort to calm down , Rahama took a deep breath and check herself in her front mirror. She wiped up the dried tears with an handkerchief and sighed before coming out of the car. She swore that she wouldn't allow anyone to know about what happened and even if they find out ,it gives no different. He was gone for good.

She took her time to walk into the house cooking some excuses in her head. Excuses which she was going to tell her dad about her sudden rush out of the house and not even waiting to listen to her dadwhen he called her name.

Flashback

She woke up as usual around 6 am which has become her daily routine. She performed ablution and finally perform her fajr prayer. She call unto the  Lord seeking for mercy, she really wants to change but is finding it hard to ,but why? She doesn't know. She knew the answer to all her problems can be answered by her alone, she hold the key to her problems. If she could just let go of the past, she would be free from all her worries. But how can she? When it keeps hunting her every blessed day  any time she looks at her scarred legs. The only people that knew about it was aunty yasira and her dad and they swore not to ever say a word to anyone. But still, she still wasn't over the past, it's still so hard for her to trust again. No matter how hard she tries to, she couldn't. She always ends up failing miserably. I need help, she thought.

After long prayers to her lord ,she finally fold the mat and kept it one side. She pull off the hijab and went into the bathroom to do her business. Five minutes later she was finally out. She stroll downstairs and could hear her dad and aunty yasira talking about  something that sounds important but she couldn't pinpoint what they were talking about. Upon seeing her, they kept quiet immediately as if they don't want her to know or hear what they were saying. She internally shrug, not bothered at all.

" Good morning to you all" she greeted with a smile and drag a seat to sit on.

Aunty yasira smiled brightly " morning, how was your night? "

" it was ok"

" morning dear" said her dad with a clip smile, she also replied with a clip smile of hers.

She serve herself and quietly ate her breakfast.

" so dear, have you gone through the files I gave you? "

" Hm, yes dad. But am still not done yet, you know how things have been choked up ever since sadi......... I mean, after he left"

Yasira raised a brow wondering why was it so hard for her to call out sadiq's name. She loves referring to him as he or him. It's already getting so annoying.

Her dad nodded " I understand dear, just keep pushing, please. "

" I'm trying dad"

" OK then. Will you be at the office today? "

" nope"

" why?" asked her dad, skeptically

" I .. I.. I'm not feeling too well. I think I need a day off "

" alright, do you need a doctor? "

She laughed " God, dad , it's just a small headache and moreover after I take a paracetamol for it ,I will be good to go"

" if you say so then"

That was how everyone finished their meal .Aunty yasira went to sadiq's house  while alhaji dabo also decided to just have a free day too and the twins are in school. At around 12:30pm  alhaji received a call from aunty yasira giving him updates  about how things were ,over at sadiq's house.