Chapter 60

*Y/N P.O.V.*

That made you feel instantly much better. His hand held his face, and you could tell that he still wasn't processing what happened. You tossed your hair back, and walked away. Not giving him a chance to speak. 

As you were making your way back, you thought you saw a shadowy figure in the corner, but when you looked over, no one was there. Maybe I'm such getting all paranoid with the whole Jungkook situation.

You made your way back, your head still wrapped around what happened. Even if there were any chances between the two of you, that slap sealed the deal. Nothing could go back to the way it was. And quite frankly, after seeing how big of an asshole he actually was, you didn't regret anything. You were so naive as to think that he would change. But at least now you know, and that you won't have to waste another second on him.

You wanted to just bail this stupid event, and leave to your dorm. But no, this time you decided to stay. Every other time, you would always leave early to avoid the situation, but now you've grown. You're no longer who you used to be. You're staying until the very end, you're strong enough to handle the situation, and you wanted to prove to yourself that you can do this.

You walked to the food table, wanting to get yourself something to eat. You didn't know the time, but you were getting hungry. You picked up a plate, and went to look around for anything that looked appetizing.

Your feet hurt from the heels, the dress was so tight and uncomfortable. Your head hurt, and your face hurt from having to smile all the time. It seemed as if hours had passed already, and looking around, it was as if this event was never going to end. 

You looked around trying to find Katherine, wanting to tell her that you have used up all your energy, and that you were more than ready to leave. You looked around for her, not knowing where she went.

Didn't she say that she needed to greet her friend or something? It can't take that long right? You literally searched every corner of the event, and there was no sign of Katherine to be seen anywhere. You had the urge to just leave by yourself, and then leave Katherine with a text, but at the same time you felt bad.

You were scanning the crowd, when you saw someone with a similar back to Katherine. You walked towards them, and right as you were about to shout out Katherine's name, you heard the conversation between the two.

"I'm warning you, if you come up to me again, trying to talk me into your bullshit, I won't be nice." The girl said, from her voice you knew that it was Katherine.
"I think you've got everything wrong here. You were the one that signed the contract, you are under our control as long as this contract stands." The man said.

They were talking in the corner of the room, half hidden behind a pillar, if it weren't for you searching extremely carefully, you wouldn't have noticed that there was even people in this corner. 

"I can burn that stupid piece of paper." Katherine hissed.
"You won't, you're smarter than that. Without the contract you're not protected by us anymore. That means we can send out other agents to assassinate you." The man said.

You wanted to gasp, but quickly covered your mouth. Assassinate? Agent? What did Katherine get herself into? You hid yourself on the other side of the pillar, deciding to eavesdrop on the conversation. You were curious as to how much you didn't know.

"You won't do that. I may be close to having no value in the institution, but I still possess some qualities that you guys need. You won't kill me immediately. And with the time I have, you can bet your ass I'll be able to escape." Katherine said.

The man chuckled.

"You're smart. And that's one of the reasons we chose you as one of our main agents." The man said, "Yet you need to understand that smart brain of yours will only bring you so far, you're only person in the end, we're a huge facility." 
"I don't care who you guys are. I've made some mistakes in my past. I was young, naive, and desperate for things to do. But now I've grown, and I know what's best for me. The first step towards that is to distance myself from you." Katherine said.
"I'm sure we all know how that went down last time you tried to break the contract." The man's voice became cynical.
"Leave my dad out of this." Katherine said, you could tell from her trembling voice that she was angry.

Her dad? The man that died during the argument with her mom? His death had something to do with that man? What?

"I'm just helping you make the right decision. You never know what we might do next." The man said.
"You don't say? I was hoping you'd all fuck out of my life." Katherine said.
"It's just a reminder." The man said, "Now if you'll excuse me, we have clients that I need to greet. It was a nice little talk we had here."

"Maybe next time we'll lay our hands on that friend of yours."

Hello! Sorry this chapter is late. I was at tournaments this week, and I really needed some rest. I tried my best to give you guys the chapter this week :,)

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a nice day <33