Chapter 58

*Y/N P.O.V.*

You turned around, and you were met with V. He had the same warm smile on his face. He was wearing a tuxedo, and for a split second, you thought your knees went weak. You are over guys Y/N, keep yourself together, you thought to yourself.

"Hi Tae." You said, as casually as possible.
"What are you doing here all alone?" He asked, looking around. "Didn't you bring someone to come with you?"
"Oh no, I wasn't invited as a guest. Katherine invited me along." You explained.
"Ahh. I'm surprised you agreed to come, I keep getting the feeling that you're more comfortable staying in a little bubble with your friends, than coming out and greeting people you don't know." He observed.

You are absolutely right. But you couldn't tell him the amount of begging Katherine did just to get you out here.

"You're not wrong. I just felt like it was about time for me to be an adult, and go out and socialize. You never know what might happened." You lied.

You looked around in the crowd, your eyes searching for something. Or someone. You didn't want to admit that you were looking for him. But you couldn't stop your eyes from drifting away, and scanning the crowd. 

Tae must of gotten the signal as well. He put his hand on your shoulder, and grinned.

"Don't worry, he's here." He whispered next to you ear.

You felt yourself turning bright red, and looked at him. He winked at you, and waved goodbye. You were left on your own again. Your heart racing. Was it that obvious? You patted yourself on the face, and shook your head. Y/N, you came here to socialize, not pity yourself over something that could have never been.

You lifted your head, and straightened your back. You came here to prove that you were fine, and that even with all that happened, nothing could beat you down. You walked around, and heard loud laughter. You made your way through the crowd to see him standing there. With Rebecca standing next to him. 

She kept twirling her hair, and touching his shoulder. But you could tell from his eyes, that he was bored, and starting to get annoyed.

"Oh my god! Kookie! I can't believe you made it here. I thought you were too busy with your schedule and everything." She said, in the highest pitched voice you've ever heard.
"Yeah I was, but I managed to get some time out to attend." He said, his annoyed face quickly turning into a smile.

Man, how does he do that? You were impressed by how quickly he could change his moods. Must have taken so many years of training. You wondered how he really felt inside. You found yourself staring, and soon enough he caught your eye. 

You two locked eyes for a few seconds, when you realized what happened, and broke eye contact. You quickly walked away, trying to shake the thought out of your head. Focus Y/N, forget about him. You were the one to finish everything. Stick with your decision!

You kept walking, not daring to look back. When you felt it was safe, you sighed, and leaned against the wall. Can this day get any more complicated? And to that question, the world answered yes.

"Miss Y/N!" A voice said, as you turned your head to see Jungkook's uncle.

You felt a shiver go down your spine. Does he know that you weren't helping Jungkook anymore? What should you say? How should you react?

"H-Hello." You said, trying to hid your trembling voice.
"It's so nice to see you again." He said, holding out his hand.

You felt extremely uncomfortable. He was a dangerous person, with a lot of money. You didn't know what he wanted, or what he could do. Him being so unpredictable made him even more dangerous. 

You looked around, hoping that Tae would be able to see you and help you from this situation. Surely he knew Jungkook's uncle. But Tae was in the middle of another conversation, and wasn't paying any attention to you.

"It's nice to see you too." You replied, as politely as possible.
"What brings you here? And where is my nephew? Surely he knows better than to leave his lady unattended." He said, "Ah! I see him! Should I call him over?" 
"Oh no! You don't have to, he said that he needed to greet a few people first. He'll come back once he's finished." You lied.
"Oh, but he should know some basic manners right? He should introduce you to everyone. Having a girlfriend is such an exciting thing. How could he just forget about these basic rules?" He said shaking his head, and sighing.

You didn't know what to say. You were in such an awkward position. You suddenly felt someone wrap their arm around your waist, and pulling you back. You looked up to see him standing there, his eyes filled with anger.

"I don't need you to tell me how I should handle my girl."

Hello!!! I'm finally on time this week lol. Here's the chapter. I think we are nearing the end of the book? I need to go check. But we definitely are getting near.

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a nice day<33