Werewolf! Bakugou x Knight! Reader Pt. 3

Depuis le début

"First, we'll get some soap since that's the simplest thing on the list. Next, we... " Once again, your words drifted off when Bakugou wandered away from your side and stood in front of a shop window, his tail wagging every so slightly.

Buttery-gold pastries lined the window on wooden shelves. Fruit-filled, cream-coated, and sugar-drizzled varieties. You could even smell the delicious aroma of baked bread and sweet dough from outside.

Drool slid out of the side of Bakugou's mouth, his eyes trained on the sweets and pastries as you walked up to stand next to him. "Do you want one?"

"What is it?" he asked. Oh... right. He'd probably never tasted this kind of indulgence before, and these types of recipes were more complex than you could make at home.

With a smile, you answered, "they're sweet pastries. Some are filled with berries or cream, but they're all very rich and delicious. We can come back by when we're done with everything else and grab a couple to take back home."

"Really?!" His excited voice caught you off-guard, his eyes glistening with curious wonder. Almost immediately, though, he attempted to play it off like it wasn't a big deal. "I mean... if you want. Whatever." Bakugou stuffed his hands into the worn-out pockets of his pants and stomped his way down the street. You just shook your head at his denial and followed behind him.

A few people stared at him but no one said anything. Maybe it was the overly-harsh glare he shot towards anyone who walked too close or his closed-off body language. Or maybe it was because he was one of the very few hybrids in town, period.

When you neared the tent that sold soaps, Bakugou stopped and held his nose. "The hell? Why is the smell so strong?!"

It made sense that his heightened senses would pick up on a stacked pile of soap bars while you were still ten paces away. "Hmm... what if I just pick out something for you so you don't have to get too close?"

"Why do I need soap anyway?!"

"To get clean properly!"

"Water is fine!"

"No it's not!"

"Yes it is!"

"You're gonna use soap or I won't get you that pastry from the shop!" You were nearly nose-to-nose with him, standing your ground and refusing to let him argue his way out of this one. As soon as you mentioned taking away the treat that he'd drooled over minutes before, Bakugou's ears drooped, his nose wrinkled, and he crossed his arms with a somehow adorable pout. "Fine! I'll use your stupid soap..."

You didn't want to take something away from him when he'd experienced so little good in his life, but he really did need to do something about his smell. New clothes wouldn't hurt, either.

"I promise I won't be long. Just stay here for a minute," you said before walking over to the vendor and asking about unscented or lightly-scented soaps.

Meanwhile, Bakugou tapped his foot impatiently on the dirt road, one eye trained on you while the other observed the people around him. No one else looked like he did. No fuzzy ears. No tail. No claws. Everyone was just human. And aside from you, who had shown him kindness and generosity, he felt wary of every single one of them.

A small child passed by, her hand held by the tired-looking mother that walked beside her. The child pointed at Bakugou with a curiously excited expression.

"Mommy! What's that? Why does it have ears like that-"

"Don't stare!" the mother scolded and brought her daughter to her other side and away from Bakugou. On instinct, his lip curled revealing a gleaming fang. The two scurried off down the road and out of sight.