Kirishima Helps Reader Who Comes Out to Parents

Reader is gender neutral.

"Have you seen (y/n)?" Kirishima asked, feet propped up on the couch cushion, a licked-clean popsicle stick poking out of his mouth. "I figured they'd be back by now."

Kaminari shrugged, flipping through the channels of the communal TV in the shared living space. "Nope. I wouldn't worry though. Probably spending the night with their folks. They had dinner there, right?"

"Ah, yeah, you're probably right," Kirishima replied, scratching the back of his head. He relaxed into the couch, setting aside the gut feeling that something was wrong. It was nothing.

After a while Kirishima heard the echo of thunder outside, the pitter patter of rain hitting the roof of the dorm. Suddenly the front door flew open. Turning his head from the TV he saw you, dripping wet from head to toe.

"Wh- hey! You're back? I thought-" Before he could finish you bolted out of the room towards the dormitories, the pained look on your face making his brows furrow. "Hey! Wait!" Krishima leapt over the the couch, running after you. He knew something was wrong, and this confirmed it.

"Dude!" Kaminari yelled after him, but Kirishima already rounded the corner and bolted up the stairs after you.

He followed the damp footprints in the carpet down to your room before he stopped. You were trying to open your door but struggled with the key in your wet hands.

"What happened? I thought you were with your parents," Kirishima called down the hallway. His voice caught in his throat as you turned to him, wet hair sticking to your face, eyes full of pain and hurt.

"Just leave me alone!" You screamed back. It probably woke up anyone who was asleep at this hour on your floor but you didn't care. As soon as the key slid into your bedroom door you tossed it open just as Kirishima sprinted down the hallway, but he was too late as you slammed the door closed in his face.

"(y/n)! You can talk to me!"

"Go away!" you cried through the door. "Please...Kirishima just go away. I don't..i can't talk about it right now."

He was about to pound a fist on your door, but decided against it, letting his hand fall like dead weight to his side as he stared at the painted bedroom door.

"Just...text me I guess. I'm not far away..." he muttered, just loud enough for you to hopefully hear. With a sigh Kirishima walked back down the hallway, past Kaminari questioning him from the the couch, straight to his own bedroom where he locked the door, phone turned on in case you wanted to talk.

It didn't buzz all night.

The next few days were concerning, and Kirishima wasn't the only one who noticed your tired and listless behavior. You were sluggish during training, which Aizawa called you out on. You ate lunch alone, pushing away anyone who offered up a seat. You brushed off friends who just wanted to make sure you were alright.

The weekend rolled around and Kirishima finally put his foot down. He felt like a shitty friend, unable to talk with you about whatever was going on. It was obviously something bad since it affected your mood and behavior in ways everyone noticed. He took out his phone to text you, and wasn't going to accept 'go away' as an answer this time.

K: I'm coming over, please just let me in

He picked up your favorite snack from his desk - he'd gone to several different stores after class to find it - and made his way to your dorm. Softly knocking, he waited.

"It's me," he said, though he assumed they knew who it was already. Finally he heard the latch on the other side unlock as the door slid open. He couldn't hold in the surprised expression when he saw your face, tired and worn and just...small. Realizing he probably looked like a jerk with his mouth hung open, he straightened up and extended the snack out to you.