Todoroki Soulmate AU

Todoroki walked down the familiar hallways of UA like he always did, the hustle and bustle of students and teachers echoing off the tiled floors like a purposeful march.

He'd just returned from the library, grabbing a couple of books to use for extra study practice. While he was normally good about looking where he was going, a particularly enticing chapter engrossed him, keeping his eyes on the pages and off the hallway in front of him.

Suddenly someone bumped his shoulder, causing him to drop his book.

"Oh!" someone said behind him. "Crap, sorry...didn't mean to run into you. Let me help..." While Todoroki dropped his book, they'd let slip a slew of papers now coating the scuffed floor.

"Ah, it's alright," Todoroki replied. "I should have watched where I was going."

He leaned forward to help them grab some papers at the exact same time they did. Fingers brushed, both pulling their hands away quickly.

Before he could say anything else, though, Todoroki's gaze was focused on his finger where a distinct ring of color now formed. "Um...what's this?" he asked himself.

"Oh..." he heard the other person say. "Oh, oh gosh...really?! Here? You?!" They exclaimed, hands flying to their burning cheeks.

"I'm guessing you know what this means, then?" he asked innocently, holding up his hand. "Because...I'm not sure. Is it your quirk?"

Their hands lowered from their face, starting at him with sparkling eyes. "You don't know...?" He shook his head in reply. "Um...well, these symbols form when...when two soulmates touch for the first time..." the last words leaving their mouth in an embarrassed whisper.

"...Ah," was all Todoroki could say until it actually hit him. "Wait...soulmates? As in...?" They nodded, and now his cheeks were the ones burning.

"Maybe we should meet up after school? To talk?" They asked, picking up the last of the spilled papers and handing Todoroki's book back to him with shaking hands.

"Uh, yeah...sure." Looking at them again his heart fluttered. Though he didn't even know their name, he could already see himself falling in love.