Werewolf! Bakugou x Knight! Reader Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

At that, he stilled once more but in a more...contemplative way? The only things he currently owned were the clothes he'd walked here with: nothing more. You wanted to give him autonomy and ownership over himself after being subservient to another.

Without looking up, he asked, "How far away is the town? Are there other humans there? Will they..." His grip tightened on the wooden axe handle until his knuckles turned white. "Will they hate me?"

"It's about an hour's walk northeast. I've seen hybrids in town before. Not many, but I've seen them. I know that some folks can still be...um, prejudiced I guess against others like you. I'm not going to try and defend them or reason with them, either, because they're obviously wrong. But most folks aren't like that." Bakugou continued to stare and you felt compelled to add, "And if anyone says anything about you then I can just punch 'em in the face. How's that?"

At that, he actually let out a small chuckle, buried the axe into the tree stump in front of him, and stretched his arms above his head towards the sky, fingers splayed and claws visible. "I don't need your protection. I'll rip their throats out if they look at me funny." You knew he wasn't joking, either. "Fine. I'll go with you to this town."

"Really?" you asked with a smile.

"I don't lie!" Bakugou's ears twitched as he turned back to chopping wood quite vigorously.

The next morning, you made a list of everything you needed while in town and packed away your money. Bakugou stood outside with his arms crossed and ears twitching impatiently.

"Hurry up! If you want me to go then stop wastin' time," he yelled through the open door to your home. He really was still a brat sometimes.

"Coming!" With everything together, you locked the door behind you and opened up the map to show him the route you'd take. "We'll go down this path here which will eventually merge into the main road that we can follow to town...hey!"

Bakugou had already moved ahead, impatience taking over. "What'd I say about hurrying up?!"

You sighed and folded up the map before following after him.

When the two of you neared the road, he seemed apprehensive to get too close to it and instead followed alongside it in the woods, his ruby eyes glinting at you through the gaps in the trees. Every once in a while, someone would pass by or a cart would roll through carrying supplies but no one gave you a second glance or saw Bakugou keeping pace with you.

The town came into view once you crested over the top of a hill. While the town itself wasn't very large, a castle stood further back down a long and winding path to the royal family that owned most of the land in the area. You weren't here for royal pleasantries, though.

"Bakugou, you ready?" you called out, stopping before heading down the hill towards civilization.

Slowly, Bakugou stepped out of the shadow of the woods and studied the dots of people roaming around the streets and darted in and out of shops and tents. He stood rigid like a statue. Whether out of fear or hesitation you weren't sure.

"Hey, it's OK. You aren't alone." You placed a sturdy hand on his shoulder which seemed to snap him out of his trance. His eyes were unreadable as he turned his head to look at you but you felt the tension in his shoulders ease slightly before his mouth formed a thin line and he shook off your hand.

"I know," he stated confidently before walking ahead of you once more. You silently followed after him while wondering what mischief or trouble he might cause... or what others might stir up because of him.

When the two of you finally stepped past the threshold of the town, Bakugou slowed down and stuck close to your side as his eyes scanned the new sights and smells. Families walked about with their own baskets and carts for shopping while merchants peddled their wares under tents to help block out the heat from the sun. His ears swiveled on his head in an attempt to pick up conversations but with so much going on it seemed nearly impossible to differentiate one from another.