"Sup??" I sat next to him, looking around - why was he here?!

"Wanna drink?" Nikhil offered a glass of wine as he poured one for himself.

"Um why are we here? Why did you call me here at this hour? If I'm here to be your wingman I swear Nick I'm gonna kick your.." I trailed off angrily, but stopped as I watched the gloomy expression on his face.

"Have a drink" He insisted, placing the glass of wine in front of me.

Hesitantly I took it, taking a sip from it and watching Nikhil, waiting for him to break the silence.

"I had come here to meet Kunal... " he trailed off, taking a sip from his glass.

"AND?!" I urged, wondering what bad news awaited in store for me.

"RGI is in a tight spot... they have to sell part of their shares if they want to float... even with that, he's not sure how long they can stay up... the market is also not in a good place... " he sighed, looking very grim.

"What?! When did this happen? I had spoken to Kunal just yesterday and he never said anything?" I asked, trying to think back if Naina had said anything to me regarding all this.

"Yeah the situation apparently got worse today... I was even talking to RGI's financial adviser a couple of days ago and he hadn't mentioned anything of the sort... Kunal seems very shocked.... dada ji has apparently locked himself in his study!! I suggested Kunal to talk to you for financial aid but he flatly rejected!!" Nikhil sighed.

"Rejected?" I blinked.

"Hmm.. I am actually wondering how they reached this state!! I asked Kunal's financial adviser Mr. Singh for their financial records... but Kunal said he doesn't need my help either!" Nikhil pursed his lips.

Having done his Master's in finance and having trained under one of the finest financial adviser of our times, Nikhil was one of the top in his field - that's precisely why he is the financial adviser to my company as well!! And seeing how he's Kunal's cousin, Kunal shouldn't really have a problem with Nikhil helping him out!!

"It seems so.... sudden... I wanna say it's all too fishy actually!! And the way Kunal was talking.. you should have heard him Abhi!! It felt like he was blaming dada ji for all this!! Dada ji is a very ambitious man... he built the company from almost scratch.... around twenty years ago they had suffered a lot of losses.... kissi andar wale ka kaam tha... jisne bohot badaa gapla kiya tha... they had to move the office into a garage! And then dada ji worked hard and he bought back everything, built RGI to what it is today.... Of course, over the years Gayathri and Dharam did their part too... they also helped a lot... but dadaji is a very self-dependent man... he isn't someone to ask for help... at least if I could have a look at their records... Kunal had told me that Mr. Singh is much better and efficient than their previous consultant, but still... having another opinion won't hurt, would it?" Nikhil sighed.

We both sat in silence for a while as we both got lost in our thoughts - why didn't Kunal tell me anything? And how come even Naina didn't tell me anything?!

"Even Naina didn't tell me anything..." I pursed my lips.

"I don't think she knows... and... um... there's one more thing... about her..." Nikhil sighed heavily.

"What?" there wasn't anything he could say that could make me feel worse!

"Naina's firm too is in a tight spot it seems.... Kunal had just let it slip out by mistake and tried to cover it up hastily.... but Mr. Singh is also the financial consultant for Naina's firm... maybe it was too much work for him... to handle both RGI and Naina's firm..." Nikhil sighed, shaking his head.