"Hello?" I call.

"Just me!" Kailey answers. I turn back to Vic and he gives me a confused look, so I mouth sister and start swinging my legs in impatience for her to leave.

"Kellin what's for din- Vic?" She asks, stopping mid-step at the entrance to our kitchen. My turn for a confused look.

"Kailey!?" He asks, his eyes wide.

"You guys... you guys know each other?" I ask, looking from one to the other.

"She's in my psych class." He says. I nod and feel the commencement of an incredibly awkwardly silence. I start playing with the hem of my shirt and in my peripheral vision see Vic twisting his feet around.

"I guess I... uh..."

"Should leave." I finish. Coming off a bit rude, but what can I say? Siblings aren't exactly nice to each other.

"Oh shut up, Kellin. I was going to say make dinner. Vic what universities are you applying to?" She asks as she shuffles through the fridge.

"Ju-"

"The school of none-of-your-business." I spit at her. She rolls her eyes and looks at him asking: "Can you explain why you like being in his company?"

"Viccy adores my company." I say smiling knowingly at him. I look at the stairs and back to him motioning towards them.

"Not unless you apologize for being mean." He whispers as he moves standing next to me. I roll my eyes, but he nudges me to show his seriousness.

"Fine." I mutter quietly so only he can hear it. "Sorry Kailey, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings back there. You can stay if you want to." Damn that felt so weird.

"And that is why I like his company." Vic explains. My skin breaks out in goosebumps at his hand skims my back. I swear this guys is giving me a disease or something, he makes me heat up and my heart race. Plus I've started to notice some shortness of breath in his presence recently.

"Yeah well, I disagree. I think he's a fat fag that has the personality of a rock. And the attitude of a fourteen-year-old girl." She says, not one word phasing me. "Where's all our good food?" She whines, slamming the door and turning to us. I shrug, Vic staying quiet at my side. "Whatever, I'm going upstairs. You two... whatever you are, have fun."

"We're rocks!" I yell as she hustles up the stairs. When her footsteps disappear Vic sighs from beside me, "What a bitch."

"Says the person who made me apologize." I laugh.

"Well I didn't know she talks to you like that. You know that nothing she said is true, right?" He asks. I open my mouth to say right but find myself being overly honest and shrugging instead. He's getting into my head.

"Kels. You're crazy to believe a word they say."

"They?" I question. Raising an eyebrow at him.

"Your dad, sister and any other delusional fuck that can't see how incredible you are." He says. And reminding me of that same old horrified expression that I haven't seen for quite a bit.

I roll my eyes and slap his arm. "Oh shut up, you just want to get in bed already."

He smiles, looking down and bites lip. I think he was actually being honest. I've only seen him lie a handful of times and every time he does he always looks away from the person he's talking to. I find it absolutely adorable, almost like he feels the guilt before he does the con. But he was looking me right in the eye when that came out. I think poor little Victor something Fuentes may be getting a little tangled in Kellin Quinn Bostwick.
"What's your middle name?"