Love Of A Mother | Kovu & Human!Mother!Reader

I'm writing this bc we all know Kovu deserved better! Now onward!

Simba paced Priderock as his best friend and royal adviser, y/n with Zazu on her shoulder watching him. "I'm sure she's fine, Simba. I mean she's just a cub. Their...how you say...adventurous." She said. "I know, y/n but Kiara should be back by now." Simba said turn to young woman. Y/n frowned at the king's distress, as she sighed. "I'm going to find her with rest of the pride with or without you. Zazu!" He called.

Simba called the rest of the pride as they headed not the Pridelands. Nala passed y/n on her way. "I don't get it, Nala. Why doesn't he listen to me for once?" She asked the queen. Nala chuckled. "You and I both know that's how Simba's always been. He never listen, you especially." Nala said. Y/n sighed knowing Nala was right. Simba was cub when y/n was 12 and she was always around him, keeping him out of trouble except for that one time in the Elephant Graveyard.

Y/n finally followed suit of the pride. She ran up and scowled when Zira came into view with a scared cub on the ground in front of the king. "Simba!" She called to him. Zira looked up to stare y/n's way. "Zira." She choked out. "Ah! Y/n. How lovely it is to see you, again." Zira said. The young woman was unamused by the lioness's greeting, she just looked down at the cub.

"Oh. Haven't you met my son, Kovu. He was hand chosen by Scar. To follow in his paw prints and become a king." Zira explained. Simba stared down at the young cub as he shook with fear. "Simba, you're scaring him." Y/n whispered to him. Zira explained that she want us to take Kovu and raise him the heir to the throne. But that wasn't what Simba was intending. "Take him and get out." Simba said lowly. "No!" Y/n shouted out.

Simba looked at her as his eyes widened. "What? But y/n, he's-." She cut the king off. "Just a cub. I'll take him." Y/n said. Zira grinned as the young woman swooped up Kovu into her arms. A small grunt came from the cub as she started walking back to Priderock. Simba felt powerless when his royal adviser and friend took the young from his enemy.

"Y/n! Do know how dangerous it is to take him in?" Simba asked her. "No, because it isn't. It would be more dangerous if we left Kovu with her." Y/n said. Simba sighed knowing being stubborn was not going to get them anywhere. "I'm sure you're right. Kovu is welcomed here I guess." Simba said. "Simba, he was the last born when you defeated Scar. So, don't judge him for a crime he didn't commit." Y/n said.

Simba smiled at y/n. She always know what to say to keep the him from making dumb decisions. "Thank you for always keeping me on track, y/n." Simba said. "It's what your father would've wanted." Y/n said with a smile. Kovu was asleep in her arms. Simba and y/n walked back to Priderock, Kiara and Nala were waiting from them.

Kiara piped up. "Is Kovu staying with us?" Y/n nodded. Kiara smiled happily. The Pride was asleep as Y/n laid on the ground for with Kovu next to her. Her eyes were closed until she felt something hit her face. "Kovu.." She sighed. "Wake up." He said. "Kovu it's the middle of the night." Y/n said. "Can I ask you something?" He asked.

Y/n's eyes fully opened her eyes meeting green ones. "Sure. Ask away." She said. "Okay. I wanted say thank you and why did you do it?" He asked. "I did it because I knew you were going to turn out differently if you stayed with Zira." Y/n said to him. "Really?" Kovu asked. "Yeah." She said quietly. "I guess that makes you my mother now." Kovu said.

Y/n blushed, flattered by the cub's words as Kovu cuddled up to her and said. "Goodnight, mother." Y/n smiled. "Goodnight, Kovu."

I will be making a part two to this so you don't have to ask me lol.