Unlikely Pair | Simba & Human!Reader

Your tan colored pants rustled against the tall grass as you walked. Your short-sleeves button up shirt matched your pants as your (H/C) hair was pulled back into a ponytail(if you have short hair ignore that last bit). As you walked, you had you eyes glued to your journal in your left hand as your pencil sat behind your right ear.

You took your pencil from behind your ear to write things down while walking not paying attention to your surroundings. You have been exploring the Pridelands for a few months now but you didn't know the name of this part of Africa until you met...

"Hello, (Y/N)." A voice said. You did a closed eye smile as you shut your journal and looked up to the see the male lion front of you. "Hello, Simba." You said in response.

*A Few Weeks Back*

You walked past a bush as you stopped to write something down as a snake hiss from the bush as you jumped around and screamed. "Woah! Hello!" You yelled. You backed up slowly from the snake, losing your balance falling to the ground, dropping both your pencil and your journal.

"Okay, okay, okay." You said as moved back on the ground away from the snake but the snake kept coming closer. That's when you bumped into something as you closed your eyes. You heard a long growl as you widened your eyes as the snake slipped off. You breathed out an exhale of relief. You looked up to see who helped you. You came face to face with a lion.

"Oh my god." You whispered. "Who are you and what are you doing in the Pridelands?" The lion asked. You were surprised that you could understand him. "I'm-I'm (Y/N) and I'm just an explorer that charting unknown territory in Africa." You said. He looked at you as he raised an eyebrow at you.

"I have never seen a animal that looked like you before." The lion said. You chuckled at him. "I'm not a animal well technically I am but that's not the point, I'm a human." You said. The lion tilted his head at you. "A human? Never heard of that one before." He said as you moved from the ground to stand in front of him to get a better look at him. "And I've never met a talking lion before. So, do you have a name?" You asked. "My name's Simba and I'm King of the Pridelands." He said.

"Simba. King, huh?" You said. "Yes." Simba said. "Fascinating." You said as you leaned down to the ground to pick up your journal and pencil and wrote down what Simba said. "Thanks for saving me by the way." You said. "No problem. It's what a king is supposed to do." Simba said. "Maybe, we can meet up tomorrow. I want to know more about the Pridelands." You said, hoping he was say yes. "Of course and I loved to know more about humans." Simba said. "Sure." You said with smile. You walked back towards where your camp is set up as Simba watched you leave.

*Present Time*

You sat in the grass back up against Simba's side as he sat next to you. His head was laid down on his front paws as you draw him. You giggled as Simba opened up one of his eyes as he smirked playfully, lifting up his head and looked over your shoulder. "Hey, it's me!" He said. "Yeah, does it look bad?" You asked him, wanting his opinion. "No! Of course not," He said, "I think you captured all of my handsome features." He smirked cheekily. You rolled your eyes at him. "Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, King."
•==•==•==•===•==•==•==•==•==•==
Next: Nala X Fem!Cub!Reader
Words: 627