I'm Fine | Overprotective!Kovu x Injured!Lioness!Reader

Kovu paced outside the den of Priderock. He was waiting for his mate, (Y/n) and the rest of the lionesses to get back from their hunt. As he looked out into the Pridelands, Kovu's eyes widened as he saw his mate, limping and leaning on of the other lionesses.

He ran down quickly to them. "Kovu." (Y/n) said as he stopped in front of them. "What happened?" He demanded. "It's nothing, I'm fine, Kovu." She said as she pushed off of the lioness she was leaning on and leaped up the stairs of Priderock. "Kira, what happened?" Kovu asked.

Kira looked at the grass then back at him. "She went ahead of us and a water buffalo seemed to have attacked her a little. She would have been killed if we didn't get there in time." She said. Kovu growled softly as he said. "Thank you, Kira. I'll talk to (Y/n)." Kovu said, dismissing the lioness.

Kovu walked into the cave, seeing (Y/n) laying on the ground. "I forbid you from hunting ever again." He said. (Y/n)'s eyes widened. "What?! You can't do that!" She said. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). But, it's for your own good." Kovu said. "Why?" (Y/n) asked him. Kovu frowned and said. "I know what happened with water buffalo."

(Y/n) frowned softly then her eyes softened as worry sparked in Kovu's eyes. (Y/n) smiled. "Oh, Kovu," She said nuzzling up to him. "You such a worry wart." She chuckled. Kovu chuckled. "Yeah, well, I wouldn't be that way if you didn't do reckless things all the time." Kovu said. "Appreciate you being worried about me Kovu." (Y/n) licked his cheek. "You are my one true love, Kovu. I love you." She said. "I will be at your side always, my love. I love you too, (Y/n)."