Pouncing Lession | Mufasa & Cub!Daughter!Reader

Y/n's dad, Mufasa is showing her around the Pridelands

Y/n's dad, Mufasa is showing her around the Pridelands. Since Y/n is Mufasa and Sarabi's only cub, she will be queen of the Pridelands some day taking her father's place. "The Pridelands run in a delicate balance and as queen, you have to understand that balance. From tiny ant to the leaping antelope." Mufasa said. Y/n scrunched up her face. "But, dad don't we eat the antelope?" She asked him.

"Yes, Y/n but let me explain. When we die our body become the grass and the antelope eat the grass. So, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life." Mufasa said. "Woah..." Y/n whispered in awe. Until Zazu flew down to greet the king and the young princess. "Good morning, sire!" He said. "Good morning, Zazu!" Mufasa said back.

"I'm checking in for the morning report." Zazu said bowing his head at the king. "Fire away then." Mufasa said. Y/n sat and listened to the bird ramble what was going on in the Pridelands until she was distracted by a grasshopper flying out the tall grass in front of her. A mischievous smirk grew on her face as the young lioness pounced after it. Mufasa took notice of this. "What are you doing, y/n?" He asked chuckling softly.

"Pouncing." She answered visibly frustrated. "Let am old pro, show how it's done." He said looking over at Zazu. Y/n followed her father's eyes and grinned. She was slowly heading towards the bird while his back was turned. "Make sure to stay low to the ground." Her father whispered. "Got it, stay low to the ground." She whispered back. Her tail flicked the grass slightly as she pounced the bird making him yelp.

Mufasa laughed as Y/n proudly pranced back over to her father. "That's very good." He said through fits of laughter. "Thanks, Dad." She said happily. Zazu flew back up from behind the rock. "Sire! Hyenas! In the Pridelands!" He yelled. Mufasa jumped over his daughter. "Zazu! Take y/n home." He demanded. Y/n frowned. "Be careful and stay safe, Dad." She said after him. Mufasa smiled at her before disappearing into the tall grass.

"You make him very proud, y/n." Zazu said. "Thank you, Zazu. Let's go home." She said. "As you wish, young miss." He said flew over her and towards Priderock.