Human!Lion Guard AU Pilot Chapter

I had this idea ever since I saw this human design of Kion. I just had to make a High School AU. But, this is just a pilot. Let me know if you want more.
•••
A dust blonde girl stood in front of a tall light brown and gray school building. She shifted nervously, fiddling with her light blue skirt as her amber eyes jetted around calling for help as her left hand gripped her tan sweater. "Hey, Una!" Una heard her name being called turning to see a boy with a black track blazer and blue jeans, smiling at her as his calm red eyes pushed her nerves away.

"O-Oh, Xander. Hey." Una waved to her friend. "Prideland High, huh? You ready?" Xander asked her. "Sure. But, I'm a little nervous. I mean it's my first year of high school." Una said running her fingers through her hair. "True, but I heard that the Mayor's son is going to this school." Xander said. "What?! Really!?" Una exclaimed. "Yeah, he's only been in this school for a week and he's already Student Council President." Xander said. "Woah, I guess that's the Mayor's son for you." Una said.

Una just moved to the Pridelands with her mom, her step dad and her two little brothers. Una met Xander and his old brother, Takashi the weekend before the second week of school. Xander and Una became fast friends after that. "Come on, let's go. Shall we, m'lady?" Xander said smirking playfully. Una rolled her eyes as she started to walk into the school.

Una and Xander walked through the hallways of school as they compared schedules. "Looks like we have English and History together. The most boring classes to sit in." Xander whined slinging his arm around Una's shoulder. "I don't think that. But, okay." Una said shrugging her shoulders a little. When Una looked up from her schedule she saw a crowd around a group of people. "Xander? What's going on?" Una asked him, pointing to the scene in front of us.

Xander looked over to the crowd. "It must be the Student Council or the Mayor's daughter." He said. "Let's get a closer look." Una said as she moved out of Xander's arm and walked over to the crowd with Xander following behind her. Una pushed through the crowd. "Una! Wait up!" Xander called to her but she ignored him.

Una saw five people four guys and a girl, but one of the boys caught her attention. He had flaming red hair, the middle of it slicked back a little, he wore a yellow track blazer with a light red under shirt and he wore red track pants as well. His amber eyes met her own for a slightly second before Una looked away. "Una? Are you okay?" Xander said finally catching up to her. "Yeah, I'm fine. That's the Student Council?" Una asked. "Yeah. That's them. The big guy is Beshte, he's a junior here. The shinny guy with the glasses standing next to him is Ono, he's a sophomore here. Shorty is Bunga, the President's right hand man and he's a freshmen like us. The chick is Fuil, she's the captain of the Track Team and she's a sophomore. And last but not least, The Student Council President, Kion. He's a freshmen and him and Bunga are best friends." Xander explained.

Una looked at Kion. "So, he's Mayor Simba's son, yeah?" Una asked. "Yeah, Kiara is his sister. She's the popular girl, since her daddy is the mayor and she lets everyone know that." Xander said. "Geez, remind me not to get on her bad side." Una sighed. The PA system sound with the bell ringing to get to first period, English. "Looks like we should get to class." Xander said, putting his hands in his pocket, walking off. Before Una followed behind she took one last look at Kion.

Kion had his hands in his pockets, he was talking to Bunga but, felt someone watching him. Kion's head turned over his shoulder looking in Una's direction. He smiled, taking his hand out of one of his pockets and waved at her. Una squeaked as she walked away to catch up with Xander. Kion raised an eyebrow, putting his hand back in his pocket. "Kion? What's wrong?" Bunga asked him. "Nothing, someone just got my eye. I haven't seen her around the school before." Kion said.

"A new girl, huh? I heard we were getting a new girl here." Ono said. "Let's get to class we can talk about this later." Fuil said. "Right. See you guys later. Come on, Bunga." Kion said to his friend as they walked down the hall. Kion and Bunga had English class together. Kion's eyes widened seeing Una sitting in the back of the class talking to Xander who was sitting in front of her.

"Is that's her, Kion?" Bunga asked, nudging Kion's side with his elbow. "Yeah, that's her." Kion said. "Looks like she's already made a friend." Bunga said. Xander looked over his shoulder seeing Kion and Bunga sit down one row of desks away from them. Xander nudged Una's arm. "Look." He said. Una raised an eyebrow, looking over where Xander was pointing. Kion was looking over at her as he got up from his seat. "He's coming over here!" Una whispered, panicking a little. "Act cool." Xander said.

Una slammed her desk. "What?!" She whispered-screamed. "Hey." Kion said, waving slightly with one of his hands in his pockets. "H-Hi." Una said back. "I'm Kion. Student Council President and Mayor Simba's son." Kion said. "Nice to meet you. I'm Una." Una said, smiling a little. "You're new here, right?" Kion asked her as Una nodded. "Yeah, I moved her with my mom after she remarried." Una said.

"That's cool!" Bunga exclaimed, "I'm Bunga, nice to meet ya, Una!" Una chuckled nervously. "Nice to meet you too." Una said as she heard Xander cleared his throat. "Oh! This is Xander, he's my friend. The first person I met when I moved here." Una said. "Yo!" Xander said, saluting the two Council members. Una looked up to Kion's hair. "I have never seen such a pretty shade of red before." Una said to him, reaching out to touch his bangs. Kion's face had a tint of pink to it as his eyes widened at Una's actions. "Has it...always been like that?" Una asked him. "Y-Yeah, of course it has. I-It's been like this since I was born." Kion stuttered. "Cool." Una muttered moving her head away from Kion's bangs. The bell rang for class to start as Kion moved back to his desk.

He put his head down on the desk, covering his blushing face with his arms. "Kion? Are you okay, buddy?" Bunga asked him. "She thinks my hair is c-cool." He stuttered, he whispered enough so Bunga couldn't hear him. "Whatcha say?" Bunga asked. Kion moves his position on his desk with his chin on his right arm with his left elbow on the desk as his left hand ran through his hair with his blush still on his face. "Never mind, forget I said anything." Kion said, looking away from Bunga as class began.