Chapter 61: Goodbye Yogurt Boy

Song: This Is Gospel - Panic! At The Disco (Piano Version)

Don't forget to leave a vote xx

~ Chels

You should check out This is gospel piano version triple layered. It's literally perfection.

Also other song options:

See You Again - (Charlie Puth only)
Don't call me angel - Ariana Grande (sad version)
Tommy's song - Grayscale

Chance's POV:

Eli Jenson's funeral was held today, in a small church just beside the water.

Through the entire reception, I struggled to keep my tears at bay. I had to stay strong, but it was so hard.

Hope sat beside me, her head on my shoulder through most of the funeral. I had just watched as Wesley go up, say his speech and his goodbye to Eli.

I knew that I would be up soon, the feeling of the paper crumpled in my suits pocket. I watched on the large screen, random photos of Eli playing and soft music erupting from it.

"I would like to welcome Chance King up to the podium to say his speech and his goodbye to his fellow friend, Eli Jenson." The priest said, his voice monotone with a hint of fake sympathy.

I gulped, feeling Hope squeeze my bicep. Nick patted my shoulder from the side. I sighed, getting up and walking up to the front slowly.

It felt like I was walking with a million bricks in my pocket, but all it was, was the weight of the piece of paper with some words to Eli.

When I got to the front, I raised the microphone and peered out at everyone.

The first person who caught my eye was Hope. I then looked at the rows. Wesley and Nieta sat beside Hope, then Nick and Sage.

It looked so wrong.

Eli should've been sitting there, but instead he's in a box.

Tears began to blur my vision but I grunted.

As I reached into my pocket and pulled out the piece of paper. I stopped, clenching my jaw and realising how lousy it was.

"You know what." I began, scrunching up the paper and throwing it on the floor.

Everyone looked at me strange.

"I'm not going to read off that paper, because that means I've had time to make excuses and come up with reasons why I miss Eli. But I don't want to do that, I want all the reasons and the memories to be real. To actually hold some meaning. So I'm going to just speak to you from my heart, not from that paper." I said, gulping and slightly shaking.

I peered at the eyes that were watching me. Hopes friends were here, Nick and Sage's families sat in different rows. Kane and Charlie were even here. Hell, even my parents showed up for whatever reason.

I knew that they would leave straight away without saying anything-my dad would at least.

And then random other faces were here, weeping. As if they even knew who Eli truly was. That made me mad.

I opened my mouth to tell them all to get fucked, to tell them that they had no right to be sad because they never put in any time or effort to really get to know Eli, but I stopped myself.