Chapter 12: Hot Chocolate and Jealousy

Song: Mr Brightside - The Killers

Hope's POV:

I held the cup of hot chocolate in both of my now ungloved hands. The warmth soothing my freezing skin as I sighed in content. I silently brought the cup to my lips and took a small sip, being careful not to burn myself.

I watched as Chance not-so-subtly wrestled to get his black gloves off of his own hands while almost knocking over his hot chocolate in the first place. So, I quickly took it away from him until he was finished and then gave it back.

"Thanks. I need a bigger pair of gloves, those ones don't fit my hands all too well anymore." Chance grumbled.

"But that's what I get for never going to the snow or ice skating." He chuckled. He soon began picking up his drink and taking a mouthful from it.

He soon regretted that.

"Ah! Fuck, that's so hot." He cried, sticking his tongue out and fanning at it. I laughed as I shook my head, until a voice filled in making my lips pull down into a frown.

"You silly. Of course that drink is going to be hot. It's just like you." A blonde girl from the 4 group girls said, leaning across the table while twirling her short hair in her fingers.

They all began to giggle like crazy when Chance looked at them, even a brunette turning red. And for some reason so did I.

But not in embarrassment or anything like that.

But from anger.

I didn't know why I felt so annoyed at the fact that these girls were blatantly flirting with Chance right in front of me. It shouldn't bother me, should it?

I watched as Chance furrowed his eyebrows at the girls and shrugged. He sent a smile their way and I listened to how the girls reacted.

I rolled my eyes as I took an aggressive sip from my drink.

I shouldn't be feeling so angry or upset over this. Chance and I aren't together and I haven't even known him for that long. Plus he can talk of 'flirt' with whoever he wants.

Yet the thought of that made a fire start in my heart.

Could I possibly be... jealous?

No. No fucking way was I jealous, in order to be jealous I had to either like him or care for him. And I mean of course I care for him but I don't like him, I can't I've only known him for such a short period of time.

Plus I've never even been a jealous person.

Or maybe?

"Hope." I was quickly ripped from my deep thoughts as my eyes snapped up to grey ones.

"What." I asked, my voice coming off with more annoyance than it should have. Chance noticed the change in my voice and sent me a look.

"You alright? You zoned out." He said, taking a very careful sip from his drink as he maintained eye contact with me.

I felt hot under his gaze.

"I'm fine. Just thinking of stuff." I mumbled, playing with my cup as I stared at the brown liquid with two melting marshmallows in the center.

"What stu-."

"Hey. Are you and him dating?" I heard a very annoying shrill voice ask from beside us, cutting Chance off from finishing his sentence.

I looked over at a red head who stared at me. The other girls longingly awaited my answer almost.. excited and nervous.

"Um, no." I grunted, shaking my head at them.