Chapter 28: New Years Kiss

Song: Whisper My Name - ILIRA

Hope's POV:

Be prepared...

We had all finished eating dinner at an extremely nice restaurant although we did seem a bit out of place.

And a bit of of place I mean Eli rocking his light up glasses, Wesley (I think) wearing some insane colourful bow tie and a silky suit. Sage and Nick wore matching gold shirts that had 'Going into 2019 together' along with small wedding rings underneath the words.

I just wore a plain back top that Sage had painted '2019' on for me. Chance dressed casually, he wasn't all that interested in dressing up yet Eli is forcing him to wear a neck tie.

So, like I said, plenty of people sent us strange looks but we didn't care. I was really enjoying their company these last few days.

Although I couldn't get the itch of what had happened between me and my mother out of the back of my brain, I was still trying to have a good time.

I also promised that I would FaceTime Amanda, Toby and Rachel as soon as it hit 12:00am since we've spent New Years together for years now and it was a little confronting not being with them.

But I was happy to be here too.

"Guys we should hurry on down to the Time's Square. It's already like 9:30 which gives us ample time to catch an Uber and still have roughly over 2 hours to party before watching the ball drop!" Sage said, comically smiling at us as we stood outside of the restaurant.

"I hate eating late." Wesley groaned in response, shutting his eyes as he leant against the lamp post.

"Hey! No, no, no. None of that. Open them damn eyes Wesley-boy." Eli chattered, smacking Wesley in the face rather roughly.

I gasped a little as Wesley snapped his eyes open.

"Fuck off." He growled.

"Hey! Don't swear!" Nick replied sharply, his thick English accent riding his tongue.

"Shut up, Church boy." Wesley grunted.

Nick was about to fry Wesley, when Chance took a step in and shut the both of them down in a matter of words.

"Just shut the hell up."

They both did as they were told almost instantaneously.

"Now. Sage book the Uber, we'll all split. I'll cover yours, Hope." He spoke, looking down at me.

I was about to tell him I could pay for my own things when Eli jumped in.

"Ok, cool. Let's go and part-ay!"

And just like that, everyone cheered loudly together, catching the eyes of various people inside of the restaurant.

Once we arrived at the Time's Square, it was exactly 9:25pm.

Eli already had his flashing glasses on and was dancing as we walked towards the huge mob of people who were all dancing around as loud music boomed over the stereo.

I was in complete awe as I looked up and saw the large thin screen along with the ball sitting on top, just waiting for it to hit 12:00am.

"Holy crap! This city must've doubled in population." Eli commented.

"Didn't you come here when you were like, 8?" Nick deadpanned.

Eli shrugged, as he continued to do one of his well known dances - the crump.