Chapter 58: The Races

Song: Everything I Wanted - Billie Eilish

Don't forget to leave a vote xx

Hope's POV:

Recap:

"Eli. You need to explain exactly what you've done, why you've done it and what's happening now." I stated firmly.

"We want to help you." Wesley said, placing a hand over Eli. He stared at it, looking up into Wesley's eyes, soon turning and staring into mine.

He was silent for a moment, letting a soft breath pass his lips before looking down, his lips shaking as he opened them and let out a choked response.

"I'll tell you everything."

Once again thank you for waiting while I got my shit together. You're all the mvp's and because of that I'm giving you a double update at the same time.

Enjoy and get ready cause shit is about to go down.

If my absence wasn't enough to make you want to leave this book, then maybe the next few chapter's will be...

Enjoy!!

"Wait, wait, wait. Explain to me again without the anger involved? What is Eli up to?" I asked, confused as I stared at a raging Chance.

"Grrr!" He growled angrily and gripped at his hair.

"This dickhead made a deal with these two fucking crackheads and now he's in deep shit." Chance said, pacing back and forth as I stared at him in confusion.

"A 6 months ago he went to the races and met these two guys. They were placing bets on cars and Eli jokingly told them to place a bet on one of the Holden, Commodores. He said he did last time and won about 10 grande. The guys, being idiots did it and ended up losing 5 grande. So they've been after Eli all this time." Chance said, groaning.

"What an idiot." I mumbled shaking my head.

"You know what he's like, he jokes about everything and he expects everyone else to also take his jokes with a grain of salt. These two drug addicts took him serious and lost a shit load of money. Being mad they forced him to sell drugs in order to pay them back. He still owes them over a grande." Chance ranted.

I patted the space next to me where I sat on the bed. He stared at it for a moment, before sauntering over and sitting in it. He scooted over and laid down so his head was in my lap.

I ran my hand through his hair and gently played with his eyebrow piercing.

"He's such an idiot." Chance huffed out.

"Well when is he paying the rest?" I asked.

Chance looked up at me, his grey eyes shining in the artificial light.

"Apparently tonight. He's somehow racked up just enough money. I was worried that they would come to the races and disrupt us all." He mumbled and I gently squeezed his cheeks.

"You worry too much." I whispered.

He gave me an incredulous look.

"Are you kidding? How can I not worry about Eli? He's like a 2 year old in an 18 year olds body." Chance huffed out and I laughed.

"Yet he's somehow survived this long." I mumbled.

"I don't know how he survived past the age of 4. Even a hair straightener has more brains then him." Chance huffed and I laughed.

"Wow, Toby has really rubbed off on you." I giggled.

"Fucking oath. He wouldn't shut up about hair products last night." Chance grumbled.