Chapter 7: Meeting Up With Friend's

Song: Ashes - Céline Dion

Chance's POV:

(Nick up the top)

I sat hunched over with Eli and Wesley. We were all at the food court and currently eating McDonald's.

I sat next to Wesley; who was currently munching down on a Big Mac burger, and Eli; who was pulling apart his own burger and eating it layer by layer.

Yup, that's our Eli for you.

"Hi, everybody." I heard a gruff, slowed down voice call from behind me. I turned my head, coming face to face with the green eyed man himself.

My other best friend; Nick.

Now, Nick was the kind of guy anyone would stop and take a second glance on the street. Not only was he a good looking bloke, he was also the nicest guy walking. He constantly donated to charities, went to church and he even had a girlfriend that was included as the "bros" for roughly 5 years.

We were waiting for him to man up and propose.

"Hey, mate." Wesley said, sending him a nod and his girlfriend one too.

Eli just raised his eyebrows and continued to eat happily.

"Hey, Nick." I said, sending him a weak smile.

Nick pulled a seat up as his girlfriend Sage was by his side. She sent me a dazzling smile as I smiled back bleakly.

She was also very nice, I guess that's why both her and Nick worked out so well.

Sure, she wasn't Christian but she went to Church with him because she knew it made him happy. He insisted she didn't have to but she obliged anyways.

"Hey guys." She chirped, her light brown eyes shone in the artificial light as Wesley and Eli both looked her way; waving.

"Hey, Sage." Eli mumbled, turning around to now lick off all of his lettuce from his burger.

Him and Sage always got on well, she was pretty much a mother to him and all of us. If that makes much sense?

Nick looked up at Sage, a smile on his face as he stared at her. She turned her head, looking down as she sent him a shy smile.

Fuck, I'm jealous of how much they're both in love with each other.

"Sweetheart, do you want to have my seat?" Nick asked, staring up at her with his large green eyes.

She peered down at him, a warm smile as she shook her head.

As explained before, we were currently in an extremely busy food court. It didn't make it any better since it was Friday afternoon. Only a few more hours until my date.

So the seats were pretty limited, Wesley was just lucky enough to spot this area.

"Darling, I'm ok." She giggled slightly, gently running a hand through his dark curls.

Nick shook his head, his eyebrows pulled down in frustration.

"Love, I don't want you to be standing and me sitting." He said abruptly, standing up. He was about 6' and she was roughly 5'4 so he easily towered over her.