Ch 75: Filth Dog

Zander POV:

I walked through the pack grounds with several of the alphas, discussing the reforms i was making to the packs education system.

One that would make the wolves know more of human culture. Something I tend to fall short on when it comes to my own little human.

Their alpha female is going to be human.

I am, slowly, learning from Red as she is from me but I have found her more knowledgeable in wolves than I am in humans, and much of my pack knows even less. It will smooth the transition if at least the younger generations learn about her kind.

Young wolves tend to be more understanding and they bring home what they learn.

I feel it is wise to have it brought to the packs attention that accepting her isn't exactly a choice while at the same time making them familiar with the oddities of her culture.

"You truly though this through Zander." Yulan said with a grin, the other alpha clearly amused, "not only will it benefit your pack, but it will benefit you as well by pleasing your mate."

I laughed a bit, hoping sincerely that Red would be pleased with this. I wanted her to be happy.

She was doing so much to improve her relationship with my pack, it was honestly the least I could do. "She has been more open to learning about our kind than expected and I want her to feel-"

"ALPHA!" One of my pack members yelled out, running towards us.

I frowned, my pack never interrupted me, especially not like this, "what is it?"

"Y-your mate and the beta..." he panted for air, "they were seen running through the woods."

"And?" I asked.

"They were trying to kill one another."

I shook my head, "Red and Maddox know better than to..." I paused.

Maddox seemed to like Red less and less.

My little Red was well... Red, "are you sure."

"The Vermilion demon was screaming at him about replacing his eyes with silver coins."

Right then, I glanced at the group of alphas.

Red was getting her ass turned red as her hair for this stunt.

And as for Maddox, I couldn't even think of a punishment suitable for this betrayal at the moment.

I growled lowly, "where?"

He pointed west.

I took a quick scent of the air, trying to locate them.

Reds scent was faint but just as easy to spot as it always was for me.

Without another word, I was off.

~~

I barely registered the other alphas having followed as I came upon the clearing where red was furiously slashing at Ox with her silver blades as his massive sandy blonde wolf snarled and swiped at her with his claws.