Ch 59: Wager

Zander POV:

I love the fact that Red is here during the meeting of the Alphas.

She's territorial as hell.

Territorial of all things. Red. Its honestly an amazement. She has stayed close to me throughout dinner.

My inner wolf was lapping up the attention. Even if it was her soft voice raining over me if I ignored her too long or her tiny hand sliding up my arm.

Honestly I should have strange guests over more often. I think if given the opportunity she may actually cuddle up to me later in the night.

Hell, she wasn't even opposed to my having my arms around her. Jealous as she seems to be.

She has nothing to worry about. At all.

But damn if it isnt nice to see her actually want me.

I love her vanity.

I even love how cold she tends to be.

But, this is something I could get used to as well.

Especially after we first complete our mating. If shes like this now, with her weaker human bond, after we first mate and shes hit fully with our link at its amplified state... I wouldn't put it past my jealous little Red to drag me into the bedroom if she even thinks another woman has been near me.

Even though I have no intention of turning her, she will get some side effects along with the changed life span.

Like the sense of smell of a werewolf, enhanced vision at night -although hers will never be as good as a wolfs- and in rare occasions a wolfish instinct or two is brought out.

Wolves are notorious for their possessive nature over their mates. Red already is apparently.

And when we get possessive....

We like to stake our claim over our mates.

I will always feel the need to be dominant in our bedroom, its my personality as an alpha and a wolf in general. But, I may enjoy entertaining her for a bit when she becomes jealous before taking over again.

It would be interesting after all to watch her try and push me down and climb on top of me. Shes tiny and perfect and I know she would pout at me if I didn't comply with her.

And then pout at me more after for not allowing her control for more than five seconds.

"Zander."

I looked down at Red as she pouted a bit. "Hmm?"

"You are not listening, is it not important you do so at all times during these sorts of gatherings?"

I smiled at her, amused, "Red. Its dinner and everyone is mostly focused on drinking, I can tune out for a moment nothing will happen."

She frowned, "people speak more freely when drunk, it is why the prince always has me be sure he is alert during such times or has me do so when he wishes to partake in festivities."

Honestly this woman... "do you every stop working little Red? We make a point not to get political the first night, we all know we will argue the rest of the week away. Do not fret."

Her eyes scanned the room slowly as she murmured to herself, "mr wolf the fight began the moment we were all in the same room."

I followed her gaze to Thalia.

...who was also staring Red down.

"Red...do not cause a commotion. Wait a day or so for it to sink in for her. She isn't fond of humans at all and is a good friend of mine." Taking Reds hand in my own and kissing it softly I smiled, "she will calm when she sees just how perfect you are for me."