Ch 51: Lick

A/N: SO did you all like Reds engagement ring?!
Literally took forever to find.
Anyways! It looks like we are getting some progress(Ik ik its like FINALLY poltergeist why you always taking so long?? -hint: its because I can- lol well yeah. Progress. Progress is good.)
You know what else is good.
Kisses.
And drama (I swear I don't love the drama. It loves me. *awkward dancing*)
Okay okay I'm done now. Story time.
Thats what I do, I tell stories and stuffs.

OH AND BEFORE I FORGET I HAVE A FEW DAYS THIS YEAR I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR WATTPAD TO UPDATE OR RESPOND TO MESSAGES OR COMMENTS AND SHIT (probably)

Here they are:
March: 29-31. My friends getting married!! Yay her! It's a Lolita wedding so I get to done some of my best fluff and eat cake, basically its gonna be amazing.

June: 19-28. I'll be in Paris and London celebrating my 21st birthday with my cousin and my best friend my schedule is INSANE for that trip and I'm so excited to go back to London again so soon and its been years since I have been to paris so yeah, expect silence then too.

July: 19-22. The Taylor Swift concert is on the 21st I got VIP snake pit tix from my mom for an early bday gift I need at least those two days before to mentally prepare and finish my outfit and the day after I need to dig myself out of a grave because I am going to die and then I'll be dead. (Any of my readers Swifties? More specifically swifties with the app?)

So yeah. Red wants to talk now so I'ma go.
Bye.

~~
Red POV
I stared at my hand, intricate ring glittering in the candle light.

It is lovely. I must admit that.

I am a betrothed woman... "Zander."

He smiled softly at me from across the table, "yes Red?"

"I do not suppose you asked anyone for my hand?"

His smile turned sheepish, "I asked you."

I hummed, "you likely would have been murdered had you tried to ask Vladimir and the prince is impossible to get an appointment with."

"I would have asked you even if I was told no anyways."

Nodding I sipped at my water. "My ring is lovely. I am rather fond of it."

Zander seemed almost relieved, "I am glad you at least like it. Although the goal was to make you give a genuine smile. Knowing you are happy with it is more than enough?"

"A...genuine smile?"

He looked almost sad, "I have seen you stoic, I have seen you irritated, I have witnessed your anger and your sadness. Even your worry has presented itself to me. But Red, I have never seen you truly happy and there is nothing I want more than your happiness."

I blinked at him thinking this over, "...I am happy. I would not have agreed to wed you if you're presence -dispite it brutish hound related origins- did not bring me joy."

Zander nodded once but didn't seem satisfied, "you never really smile Red. Not truly."

"I express joy internally."

His lips quirked up, "thats not expressing it at all."

"I smile when I concoct poisons." I paused, "I assume after we marry you would expect I live with you save for nights I am needed in the palace for hours into the night or very early in the morn. It will need to be approved of, my living off grounds. I am sure the prince will grant me this though. Perhaps as a wedding gift."