Ch 78: Perfectly Fine

Red POV

I regretted agreeing to expose myself nearly instantly.

We were not wed.

I loved him, this I was sure of. My cute heart skips for this stupid dog.

But I would prefer to be wed before he sees more of my skin.

This was supposed to be a punishment and I had already agreed upon it.. I wasn't sure if I could change my mind.

He would likely listen to my request. He always does, the wolf man is very attentive. "Zander." I stated as his fingers skimmed the waist of my bloomers, "I-I..."

His hand left me, "changed your mind Red?"

"Is that allowed?" I asked on a pout.

"Of course. Always. Your punishment isn't your exposure." I rumbled back, stroking my spine over my clothes.

Still I found this all very frustrating. It is no secret how much Zander does for my comfort and happiness. He had just given his Beta permanent scars die to the spat I had with him.

It was that rude dogs own fault, but I am well aware of how important Betas are to their alphas. They are generally the best of friends and the way Zander talks of him it seems as though his is practically his brother. I, being the lovely woman I am, had thought I should do anything Zander wanted to soothe his likely troubled heart.

But I couldn't even do this. "Maybe that dumb dog was right?"

"Huh?" Zander asked, clearly confused, "what was I right about?"

"Not you you fool." I retorted, "the rude Beta."

"No." he deadpanned back, "No ox was entirely wrong and out of line."

"I am aware." I sighed, shifting on the desk wondering why we were having this conversation in this position, "but I adore you so and yet cannot give you what I want."

The man had the audacity to chuckle, "Red, my adorable mate, getting naked has nothing to do with how much you love me, not really."

Not really he says? "What in the crowns name does not really mean?"

"well obviously to us wolves skinship is important and once we are wed I hope you can get comfortable with being naked. But you have a self imposed standard Red, I know that. You don't want to be nude in the presence of a man before you are married, like most humans, thats understandable. I don't take it to heart, my wolf side just thinks you're teasing me so I don't in anyway think you're not wanting to be naked as a rejection." He tapped the paddle on his thigh, "a challenge sometimes, one I aught to keep in check, but never a rejection. Why is this concerning you so?"

I blushed, sure even the tips of my ears were red, "I... no reason."

"Red." He warned, "nudity isn't a marker in a relationship, but honesty certainly is."

"It is embarrassing."

"Sweetheart.." he drawled, "we're having a conversation with you bent over my desk and you find being honest to be embarrassing?"