Ch 68: Rustic

Zander POV:

After patching me up, I managed to coax Red into agreeing to come and help.

Basically I told her if she fixed him up I would plant her an apple tree.

She told me a decent picnic under the blossoms requires at least three.

So I told her she could have three before kissing her senseless.

Its always nice to kiss Red and have her agree with me.

Such a rare treat.

Both the kisses and her cooperation.

Still though, when her frilly ass flounced into the chaotic room filled with alphas everything plunged into silence.

She raked her gaze over the the sick alpha lying in bed a tisked, "you bothered me for this?"

"Red..." I sighed, gripping her tiny waist and pulling her back against my chest, "he still convulses and is starting to foam at the mouth."

one of her tiny hands reached behind her to twine her fingers into the hair on the nape of my neck, "that is nothing, my toxin failed." Her fingers gripped at me harder, "just toss some lapsing behind his teeth and into the wounds with willow bark and titus leaf juice. He will be better within two hours."

I breathed out in relief I didn't know I needed, "thank you Red."

She turned in my arms, pouting up at me, "I expect my three apple trees."

"You will get them love, I would also offer to cook you a romantic meal but out tastes in food differ as well."

Her brows pinched together beneath her bangs, "does it?"

"Im a wolf Red, and as you always like to point out a rather simple rustic man. While you enjoy your pretty tarts and fancy soups. I prefer meat and potatoes to mascarpone and pears."

She blinked, "I see..." a faint blush tinted her skin, "perhaps I can taste the novelty of it all. You do not eat it raw do you?"

I chuckled, steering her out of the room, away from prying eyes of still concerned alphas, "no, nearly raw but I still cook my meat."

She nodded, "it is a date, tonight. I could use some solitary time with you after this trying day."

I was about to protest considering that the other alphas had just arrived when she stood on her toes and pulled me down for a kiss. "...alright..." I murmured against her lips, "a date it is."

With a little giggle and a twirl of skirts she was gone, leaving me in the hall to wonder if I should hunt or go into the pack butcher.

My inner wolf wants to go slaughter something for her, it's considered romantic between wolves.

But Red isn't a wolf, hunting, skinning, and cooking an animal isn't attractive to her.

Maybe if I killed an animal and made her a coat. But even then..

I leaned against the wall trying to figure what to make for the novelty that Red wants. Shes such a fickle woman she can turn her nose up at any little thing.

Butcher or woodlands...

I rarely make use of our butcher, I prefer to hunt.

Its always guaranteed fresh when you literally just killed it.

Reds also wealthy, used to the foods given to her by royalty. Nothing too heavy or unusual then.

I ran through a list of animals that roamed my territory before pulling off the wall and going to check the status of the alphas in the other room.