Ch 80: At Least a Little Psychotic

Red

I frowned as I looked over the pile of rogue wolf bodies, something strange was happening.

Zander stroked my freshly washed and dried hair softly, "what is it Red?"

I debated for a moment on what to say, I had certain obligations as a scarlet guardsman. But this was serious "there have been packless mutts wondering closer and closer to the palace walls. His highness Julius found it strange as did I."

Zander swore under his breath, "this isn't good."

"Thats stating the obvious Zander." I replied coldly.

"Eh?" He joked, "what happened to Zan-Zan?"

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks, "I called you that without thinking. It was childish."

"No." He grinned a bit, pulling me flush against him, "I kinda liked it. It was very you."

I ignored him.

Slowly the tall man took my hand and kissed my palm, then my wrist, "did you like calling me that little red? I have plenty of nicknames for you, its only fair you have one or two for me too... besides stupid dog."

"Its much too cute for a man as... rugged as you."

"But my mate is cute and she loves cute things, I wouldn't mind if she had a cute pet name for me." He rumble slyly, playing with my fingers.

"Perhaps sometimes then."

"Sometimes what?" He teased.

"Sometimes I shall call you Zan-Zan because I adore you."

He kissed my hand again and I could have sworn he said something along the lines of "I hope to hear you moan it too."

He was getting impatient. I could feel it in the way he held me, his breathing would change quicker than it used to and he would take every opportunity to touch my bare skin.

I love the foolish man and know his... wolfishness isn't used to restraint. So I allowed it, he would be allowed such liberties when we were wed anyways.

But right now we were working. So I swatted his hand as he toyed with my skirts. "Shall we burn the corpses?"

"Mmhm." He murmured into my hair, "I like this scent on you."

This dog. "Scent?"

"Mmm. Your usual apple perfumes are there but there's something else."

"Chamomile likely. I use it when i am in an especially bad mood. Its meant to be calming."

"I like it." He rumbled again, "its really nice. My inner wolf likes it too."

"Hmm." I murmured, half ignoring the wolf as he cuddled me.

I assumed it had to do with mixing his scent in with mine, it was likely instinctive after his pack was just attacked. It would be ridiculous to presume he isn't on edge.

Why else would this ridiculously rugged man start spouting on about liking the scent of chamomile and asking me to call him something as adorable yet undignified as Zan-Zan. "I believe I should inform the prince of the unusual amount of packless mutts."