Ch 25: Vain

Red POV:

I watched him from the open doorway for a moment as he scratched away on the parchment in front of him with a long black quill, jaw set.

Then I politely knocked upon the frame.

He glanced up at me a brief moment, "you may enter."

I paused, astonished.

His eyes did not rove my cute form as the do so normally and he most certainly did not seem as happy to see me as he generally did.

I hovered in the doorway for a moment more before walking into the study.

It was oddly...rustic. The wooden fixtures rough around the edges, much like the wolf man himself. "Good evening mr wolf. I apologize for my lateness."

He just grunted a bit in response.

What was this?

My eyes narrowed. How dare this dog ignore me when I dared to expose more than what is proper to him.

He has no right to simply ignore me after defiling my lips in such a way twice and claiming to desire me like no other.

My cheeks puffed out in a pout. "I have made rose croissants for you."

Another glance, "I am sure they are poisonous, much like everything else you attempt to feed me Re-"

He cut himself off, the quill snapping in his fingers.

He growled a bit picking up another and continuing his work.

...he was angry about something.

I didn't like it.

Shuffling through the basket I murmured, "...only two...here I will remove them."

They were the fluffiest ones that looked the tastiest as to entice the subject into their doom.

I held out the basket, "the prince praises these as one of my best pastries I think you will like them."

Silence hung between us.

I was unused to this version of Zander.

I dislike it greatly.

"Your study is...lovely."

More silence.

"Do you like my dress?"

He glanced at me again for a moment, "it is pretty like the rest. Have a seat your making my wolf anxious hovering like that."

My cheeks puffed again as I pouted. Like all the others he says.

I wore my most scandalous dress and that is his reaction.

I sat in the chair back perfectly straight, "yes well I suppose being surrounded by naked women constantly bit of exposure is nothing to you."

He paused for a moment, "I suppose."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I just thought perhaps you would like it considering what happened last time my shoulders were exposed to you."

A sort of heavy feeling settled over the room before with a sigh he put down his quill, "you look beautiful tonight. Now are you hungry? We can dine together in one of the sitting rooms."

"Very well."

I went to grab my basket as he stood. "Leave them."