Chapter 4 Into The Woods

Bắt đầu từ đầu

   The scenery was really breathtaking, even without your enhanced sight. The trees were stripped from their leaves and everything was covered in white snow, which only came in contrast with the black tree trunks. The light was slowly taken away from the beautiful forest and soon, darkness had prevailed. As your vision was not so affected by the complete absence of light, you continued down the narrow path, deeper and deeper into the forest. Everything around you seemed endless. There was simply no end to the trees and the snow, as far as the eye could see. Soon, the bright full moon appeared through the clouds, setting its eerie silver glow to the scenery in front of you, giving everything a light silver tint. You walked and walked and walked, trying to found either an abandoned storage, or a cave deep enough for you to hide in. you didn’t know just for how long your body would last, as the fatigue was growing stronger and stronger with the passing moments. You had to find shelter before you collapsed on spot.

  You didn’t know just for how long you were walking. It surely seemed like an eternity, an eternity of excruciating cold that turned your breath into crystals. You tried to keep your consciousness as far as you could.

   ‘Well well well, what do we have here?’ a voice was heard coming from behind you.

You turned immediately, coming face to face with a true monster. Its body was utterly black, with two large horns protruding from the sides of its head and a large tail behind him. He resembled you the demons you used to see on movies and read on books back when you were normal, as his eyes were utterly red, with slit-shaped pupils, but not quite as yours. There was no iris. He was standing a few meters away from you, as he had obviously come through the bushes. He was eyeing you carefully, as if he was surprised to see you there.

 ‘Who are you?’ you asked him, voice adamantly steady and hands reaching slowly for the knives.

  In your question, he laughed ‘My name is Zalgo. But you must already know that as you are a Creepypasta.’

  ‘I don’t know what you are talking about.’ You said as you slowly begun to back away. You could feel it. There. In his aura. He was extremely strong. You couldn’t go up against him. Not in your current state at least.

  ‘Oh, I believe you know. But since you are alone and I resent all you little-weak monsters, I’m going to end you quickly.’ He announced.

  Before you were able to realize a thing, he was right behind you. Your knives smashed against his claws, barely protecting you, as he send you flying against the opposite tree. Your back hit the trunk heavily, but in the end you managed to fall on your feet. You charge against him, swinging the knife in his face, giving him a deep scar on his cheek. In response, he roamed and kicked you. You were unable to dodge it, so you fell on the tree again, with a huge gulp of blood coming out of your mouth. You curse loudly, as he charges against you. collecting all your remaining strength, you manage to tilt to the right on the right time, resulting him smashing on the tree. One of his horns is stuck on the tree, which gives you the opening you wanted.

   You stand up and start running with all your strength on the open space in front of you.

  Again, it doesn’t take him long before he is right behind you, running quickly through the trees. For some moments you just ran between the trees. It is just like back then, when the thugs shoot you. You could see everything around you, but it looked like time had stopped as you ran inside the forest. And then, the first explosion sounded. A huge branch of a nearby tree fell against you. You jumped above it, making a turn in the air, avoiding it and continuing running. Looking behind you, you see the black monster throwing fire balls against you, but with your quick running and sharp senses you are able to avoid them for mere millimeters. It almost got you numerous times, but luck was on your side and you managed to escape them.

   Then you see an opening in front of you.

It is just a clearing that leads to the open air. A cliff.

  This is your chance.

You avoid another ball of fire, but as the debris of the trees fall, you grab them with both hands and turning, you throw it against him. Catching him by surprise, the tree trunk hits him straight in the face, making fall behind. That’s it!

  You focus and put all your strength to reach the cliff.

  Twelve meters.

  Ten.

Five.

Two.

Without thinking, you jump.

The cliff wasn’t too big, just enough for the top of the trees to reach him, and enough to give you the edge. As you fall, you allow yourself a glance towards the forest. Your breath is cut by the fairytale that is laid out before you. Some bats fly in the distance. The moon shines above the sea of dark. And then a scream interrupts the silence. Turning your head, you see Zalgo standing on the edge of the cliff, his gaze pure madness. He fires another fire ball. You look straight in front of you. The ground is coming closer. You can avoid it and land perfectly. But then a loud scream leaves your mouth, as the fireball hits your left leg. You fail to maintain your balance and crashing on the branches of the nearby trees, filling your hands with scars, you fall on the ground heavily. You scream again, as you try to get up, before the man runs after you.

   Your leg hurts like hell, but not running is not a choice. You get up, ignoring the pain and once again run.

   You run.

And run.

And run.

The pain on your leg is excruciating, but you have to get away. To have to get away to recover. And once you recover, you’re going to hunt that man down and make him wish he was never born. You’ll paint the walls with his blood. Kill him slowly and painfully. You look at your clothes and an exclamation of anger escapes you. Due to the fall, your clothes are torn to pieces. The fabric that is left, is only capable of covering your chest. Your skirt is torn and now reaches just a few inches under your lower parts. Your legs are exposed, your stomach, your hands. But luckily, the belt and the knives are still there.

   When you are sure that the man is no longer after you, you slow down your paste into a walk. You look around you to see that you have reached a whole other side of the forest. Here, the moonlight penetrates the trees and reaches all the way down to the ground. Your bare feet crunch the untouched snow under them, as you proceed, looking around you amazed.

  You walk to a tree clearing. The sky can’t be seen, but the trees create a small untouched circle. You close your eyes and inhale deeply.

  And then you feel it.

A presence. Too close.

  You open your eyes immediately and look towards the presence.

At first, you see only a dark shadow on your left, just behind the tree, hiding in the shadows. But when it notices you, it takes a step towards the moonlight. At first you immediately think it’s the man from before, but you try to keep your calmness.

   Still, you are taken aback inside your mind.

It wasn’t the man from before.

Instead it is a rather tall teenager. He was taller than you, almost 6’ 4’. He was wearing a black hoodie, with matching black pants and shoes. His face was covered by a royal blue mask, that had two large holes exactly where the eyes should be, with a strange, black substance dripping down from them. He didn’t say a word upon seeing you, but started walking towards you.

  You clench you jaw firmly, as you take out your knives.

He takes another step and takes out of his pocket a sharp scalpel.