Chapter 4 Into The Woods

Start from the beginning

‘It appears that the killer going with the name Halloween might indeed be one of us. And for that reason, we must invite him here.’ Slenderman announced.

‘Are you f*cking with me? Don’t you dare bring him here.’ Jeff exclaimed loudly.

‘We can’t let him get caught if he’s one of us.’ Ben disagreed.

‘Ben is right. We should bring him here and stop the mindless killings. Toby and EJ, I trust you to bring him here safe and sound.’

‘Alright!’ Toby yelled with excitement, while EJ only nodded in agreement. They were going to bring him in.

                                                                             ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    The sun was setting in the distant horizon, throwing its last rays of weak light into the thick snow that had covered everything. In the last week it just hadn’t stopped snowing, not even for a single second, diving everything in a breathtaking white sheet. The town of (your hometown) was all dressed in white, preparing slowly but steadily for the upcoming heavy winter and Christmas. People were going up and down the streets, making their way hastily between each other, waving rushed hello’s to their familiar faces and rushing to get home before the sun set for good and darkness made its way to the once busy streets. Under any other circumstances, no need for rushing would be mandatory, but this time was different. Because this time a dangerous and bloodthirsty murderer was at loose inside the city, hunting down people without a particular problem and rampaging around the town. No man who walked after darkness was safe, so everyone had agreed silently to seize any form of moving during the late night hours. In just a month, more than fifty people were found brutally murdered; all murders started from the murder of a whole family and the disappearance of their older daughter. So people were more than reluctant to go out at night.

   You threw a last gaze towards your town, as you took your first step into the dark forest. The light was enough gone to hide your figure quite fast inside the darkness of the trees. Your clothes were full of blood while you were wearing no shoes. You walked weakly inside the forest, proceeding wearily and with heavy steps. This last month was crazy. The bloodlust was so powerful that every time you saw a human, you had to have their blood on your hands. And you enjoyed it. You enjoyed it to the fullest, letting yourself be driven away by the madness and for the first time, you let yourself act however he liked.

  But in the end, you were tired.

  For the past month you had been killing non-stop, which was good and satisfying, but you hadn’t slept for a single minute. Yes, your body had changed tremendously. You could now hear, see, smell and feel things in an 800 meters radius. Your stamina and sharpness were heightened into an unimaginable level and you were much stronger than before. No matter how much your body would be hurt, it always healed in a matter of seconds, growing to be even stronger than before. Still, some human things had remained. For example, you were freezing to death. You still had your Halloween costume on but had lost the shoes in the way and there was no chance for you to be able to steal a new and decent pair from anywhere. Secondly, you were starving. After you killed your victims, you had taken a few sips from their blood, but after a month, hunger had begun to creep inside your mind. And lastly, you were SO tired. Sleep wasn’t necessary at first, but slowly and steadily, your body started to get tired more easily and deteriorated tremendously. Your last victim almost got away due to this thing.

   So, despite your insatiable blood thirst, you had to find a way to replenish yourself.
The town where you roamed these past days, was now searched thoroughly by the police, searching from inch to inch in order to locate you. But there was only one place where no one went. The forest. This was your last chance. So, with your knives carefully tucked in your witch belt behind your back, you proceeded inside the forest.