Chapter 77. Settle Down

This is the final chapter. If you read until here I'd be happy to know what you thought.

77. Settle Down

Kay / Marc

Two weeks later, Kay and Marc managed to attend a photo exhibition at one of the most famous art galleries in Munich, Dietmar Woelfl, as an exhibition of a friend of Jörg was presented. He had invited them and they had accepted willingly.

"Twice in a suit in less than a month ... I could get used to seeing you like this more often," Marc told Kay as he straightened his tie.

"You don't look too bad either," Kay answered while looking at him intensely.

During those two weeks, after Kay's birthday, several things had happened: Kay had had the opportunity to talk with his parents and far from living an uncomfortable situation as he feared, it was the opposite. His parents were more than willing to regain the love of his son, so they spent about a week in Munich to spend time together, so after work, Kay and Marc picked them up at the hotel and went out to dinner. When their parents left, they made them promise to visit them at their father's house.

Kay felt like he was in a cloud, since everything went perfectly with Marc, in addition to the reunion with his parents, they had the coexistence with Matthias every fortnight and to top it off, the possibility of having a child, made him feel the happiest man in the world.

A couple of days after Marc gave him the pamphlet with the information to do the paternity proceedings through a surrogate mother, they talk about it. They would have to ask for a license for a long time since the procedure would not be in Europe because in Germany it was not allowed, even though marriage between people of the same sex had recently been legislated.

When Marc sought information, the country that facilitated the process was Canada since it was permissible for gay couples to have a child. So if they could find a woman who volunteered, they would have to travel constantly to carry out the necessary paperwork for Kay to be the donor.

Shortly before eight o'clock at night they arrived at the place, it was bursting, before entering the gallery, a photographer who was in the entrance, took a picture of them together, commenting that they could go through a copy, before leaving. Once inside, they began to go through the exhibition and a short time later they found Jörg. He greeted them warmly and introduced them to his friend, the artist, owner of the exhibition.

After a while, they sat down to chat with Jörg, while Jörg told them about his upcoming tour; he looked excited and Marc was happy for him. The relationship between Kay and Jörg, although it had improved, was far from being that of yesteryear, but Marc was sure that with the time, Kay would forget and everything would be as before.

While Marc thought about it, a woman who was on the other side of the room looked at him and started walking towards him. Marc, immersed in his thoughts, didn't notice; it was not until he felt someone touch his shoulder and call him by his name when he saw her.

"Marc! What a pleasure to meet you in Munich! "She greeted him affectionately.

Marc smiled and got up from the chair, gave her a loving hug, "Hi Helen! What are you doing here? "

"Henry had to move here, in Munich, we have been living here for six months now. Henry, this is Marc, Marc, he's Henry, my husband. "

Both men shook hands and Marc commented: "Nice to meet you, Henry, they are Kay and Jörg, Helen is a friend of Bettina. It had been a long time since we last saw each other, three years, right? "He asked Helen, while Kay and Jörg greeted the couple. After a brief talk, Helen said goodbye to Marc and kissed him, saying: "Greet me Bettina, Marc." - With a nod, she said goodbye to Kay and Jörg, and, taking her husband by the arm, moved away from the place.