Chapter 49. Disagreement

49: Disagreement

Kay

He felt divided. He could only hear the creaking of the car's tires, and there was nothing he could do to stop him.

It didn't matter the circumstances of how his son had been conceived; since he knew he would be a father, nothing else mattered. His greatest longing was becoming reality and it hurt in his soul that the man he had chosen as his partner didn't understand the importance of it.

It was true that he felt terribly sorry for not having arrived in time as he had promised, and more so, seeing what Marc had prepared for him, but if something had happened to his baby because of him, he wouldn't have forgiven himself.

Kay opened the fridge and saw a bottle of red wine that Marc had left hours before. He opened it and poured himself a drink while he thought about him. He knew that despite supporting him with the decision to be a father, Marc hadn't forgiven what Emma had done; and although Kay continued to condemn Emma's behavior, seeing her pregnant and carrying her son in the entrails gave him a certain tenderness that he couldn't deny.

It wasn't long before his baby is born and the recent changes in the law they could exercise their right to adopt the baby as she had proposed. Though he didn't want to admit it openly, he had an irrational fear of Emma changing her mind. Maybe that's why he'd been looking for her for the last few months.

That night it would be useless to try to talk to Marc, so he would wait for him to calm down to talk to him, and then be able to explain his feelings. He wished that Marc could understand him and the things between them would return to normal.

Marc

He left the car in the valet parking and entered the place. There he ordered a beer and settled in a chair near the bar. He was very pissed; no matter how he tried to understand Kay, he couldn't; and Kay's behavior took him out of control. Apparently, Kay didn't accept that Emma was manipulating him and the worst thing is that it was still three months before the baby was born. He only hoped that once the time came, she would keep her word and gives Kay the baby for adoption; otherwise, he saw an unpromising future.

While he was thinking through the recent events, he felt someone patting his back; when he turned to look, he saw that it was Jörg. With his typical carefree smile, he looked at Marc with a question mark.

"Marc, what are you doing here? And where is Kay? "He asked as they clapped each other's hands.

"Jörg, how are you?"

"You know, living the crazy life ... I'll play here tonight," he said with a laugh.

"Sounds good ... then I'll stay to see your performance" -Marc smiled in turn.

"I Agree! And where's Kay? He asked again.

"Kay? I don't know ... he's probably in the house or maybe he's come back with Emma ... "-he commented sarcastically.

"Oh, oh ... trouble in paradise?"

Rare in him, but at that moment Marc felt the need to vent and, although sparingly, he told Jörg what had happened.

"I don't know ... maybe I'm exaggerating, but I swear you, that every time I hear Emma's name, my stomach turns. She's a bad person, but Kay doesn't want to know. "He finished as he swallowed his beer.

Jörg looked at him and advised him, "I can understand your annoyance, but unfortunately it's not something you can change. As long as the baby is not born and both begin with the adoption process, you will have to bend your hands and support Kay as much as possible ... don't you think? "