Rebuilding

6: Rebuilding

Marc: In the present...

The Boeing 747 landed near midnight at Terminal 1 at Munich International Airport, in the middle of an unusual storm to be mid-August. The smooth flight that the crew captain had predicted before takeoff ended with a crash landing due to the landing gear jam. Between hysterical screams of some women and a couple of stewardesses trying to reassure them, Marc got out of the plane in a hurry to the band 13 where he would pick up his luggage.

Immersed in his thoughts, he picked up his suitcase and headed for the exit. He lit a cigarette, gave it a couple of puffs, and threw it to the wet floor; He drove to the S-Bahn in the direction of Starnberg, as he still had a long way home.

"Home," he thought. Of the options he had to rent, he had chosen the furthest from the big city. He decided he would not mind having to travel about half an hour every day to get to work. It was a furnished apartment on the sixth floor overlooking Starnberg See, surrounded by forest and with a magnificent view of the lake. At least during the days of rest, he could isolate himself from everything and go jogging into the woods.

Already in the train, he chose a seat as far removed from a group of young people who laughed too loud laughs passing between them a bottle of scotch

Already in the train, he chose a seat as far removed from a group of young people who laughed too loud laughs passing between them a bottle of scotch. It was very common to see these types of groups and more on a Friday night to go out partying. There were about six men between the ages of 20 and 25. But what caught his attention and made him flip again, was a look of complicity and a fleeting kiss he detected between two of them.

He got out of the train and walked, ten minutes later, arrived at the building where his new apartment was located, decided to climb the six floors up the stairs at a brisk pace in the hope of finishing tired enough to fall asleep and even if only for vary, wanted to sleep without needing to take an anxiolytic.

He opened the door and switched on the switch, the light illuminated his new apartment and he noticed a few of furniture that adorned the place. Because of this, the place looked more spacious than it actually was, since it has not more than ninety square meters. He would have a week before he came to his new job, to buy what was necessary, he thought, as he headed for the bedroom.

That night, unlike many others, he was able to rest. He dreamed of him, but this time, it was a hopeful dream.