Chapter 41. Transition

41: Transition

Marc / Kay

"Marc ..." Kay whispered, staring at him.

"I can't ..." Marc replied, looking away. "I know what happened wasn't because you wanted to do it, but I can't forget the scene I witnessed." "For me what we had was sublime and I won't deny that I felt devastated when I saw you with her, but at this moment I'm not sure about my feelings." He confessed.

At that moment, Kay thought that what he was feeling could be compared with someone who is sentenced to death walking through the gibbet. Never in all this time, he had seen Marc as determined to finish as now. Even today two weeks after what happened, the panorama was gray, since despite having had time to calm down and think things through more closely, his attitude hadn't changed. It was true that they had fought before, but Marc had never doubted his feelings for him. He felt so bad that it was hard to breathe; because the love he felt for him had grown more and more without realizing it; he didn't conceive a life without Marc and without the family that already had dreamed to his side...

Without saying a word, he dropped into a nearby chair and couldn't help himself began to sob like a small child. He felt helpless, with no one to worry about him; he had years of not feeling this sensation the last time had been when his parents rejected him for who he was and since then, he hadn't experienced a similar jolt.

Marc looked at him, not knowing what to say. He felt bad for causing him this suffering to Kay.

At that moment, Matthias awoke; He stood up from the sofa and looked at Kay. "Kaay!" He said in his sleepy little voice. He got up and walked over to him as he looked at him in surprise. "Are you crying? Do you feel bad?" He asked curiously.

Kay wiped his tears with both hands and took a deep breath; he smiled and hugged the boy tightly, feeling even more miserable inside.

"No ... it's just that I'm very happy to see you champion," he said as he filled him with kisses.

Marc, from where he was, watched the tender scene with a twinge of guilt.

At that moment he got up and said to the boy: "I'm going to the bathroom, I'm coming back; go figure out what you want to play, okay?" Matt's face lit up and he started looking for his toys in the suitcase his mother had prepared for him.

Marc looked at his son and could see how pleased he was to have Kay by his side. He felt really bad looking at Kay like that, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't forgive him. He didn't know if it was because everything was very recent or if he had really stopped loving him.

Kay went into the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror; he looked worse than a few hours ago if that was possible while washing his face recalled Marc's words. He wanted to leave, to be in the solitude of his house to be able to vent, but couldn't miss the opportunity to spend time with Matt since he didn't know when it would be the next time ... "if there was a next time," he said sadly.

He left the bathroom and went to the living room, there without looking at Marc, went directly with the child and began to play with their friction carts. "Daddy, come and play with us," said the boy, looking at his father. Marc came over and smiled at his little boy and sat down on the living room floor. It was a very uncomfortable time for both of them, but the boy didn't notice; he laughed and threw himself into Kay's arms; At times Kay would forget about the situation and enjoy Matt. After a while, when Matthias got bored, he got up and said to them: "movieee, Nemo ... I want to watch Nemooo", as he ran to the room and he climbed up to the King Size bed.

Marc got up and put the film on, while Kay picked up the carts and stored them in the suitcase; When he had finished, he entered the room and said, "I'm going little champion, behave yourself well." He walked over and placed a kiss on the top of his head. As an answer, Matty hugged him and said, "Nooo ... come with me" - turning him to sit on the bed.