Chapter 56. Betrayal

56: Betrayal

Marc / Kay

The next morning, a soft snore woke him up. He turned his head and looked at Marc who lay on his side sleeping peacefully. Kay watched fascinated him while smiling remembered the so pleasant episode of the previous night. The only salvageable thing about their fights were those incredible encounters; the last always far surpassed the previous one. With Marc he had found his soulmate, there was no doubt about it.

Despite the wine and the exhaustive exercise he had done a day before, he hadn't slept much because of the excitement he felt to see his baby on the ultrasound. He got up to make coffee, letting Marc rest for a while longer.

An hour later, Marc went down to the kitchen. He wore jeans and a green shirt that highlighted the color of his eyes even more.

"Good morning, Officer Engel," he said jokingly.

"You're in a very good mood, aren't you Officer Borgmann? - Kay answered keeping the game -.

Marc smiled and approaching Kay whispered: "You don't stop surprising me, did you know?"

"I think the same about you... pussy"

Marc let out a laugh while he poured himself a coffee.

Half an hour later they left for Gauting. Kay had phoned Emma very early to confirm that the appointment was still standing, and he took the opportunity to inform her that Marc would accompany him, thus, he expected good behavior from her regarding Marc. He only heard a "yes" said reluctantly and without saying more she hung up. He resented Emma's attitude that had towards Marc, and because of that Kay believed all that effort soon would end.

When they arrived at Emma's house, Marc parked the car and, turning to Kay, said: "Ready to meet him?"

"Thanks, Marc, really. You know what it means to me and the fact that you are hereby my side makes me very happy. "

Marc nodded and kissed him on the temple. "Ok, go for her; I'll be waiting for you here in the car."

Kay smiled and left the BMW with a hasty step. He rang the bell and waited. After a few minutes that seemed eternal, he saw Emma open the door.

As soon as she saw him and realized that Marc was only a few meters inside the car, she rushed into his arms as if they were lovers. "Hi, handsome! Are you ready to meet little Kay? "She asked with a higher voice than necessary; it seemed as if she wanted everyone to know.

"Emma ... hallo" -said Kay taking her by the arms to separate her from him-.

Marc from where he has watched the scene feeling a huge desire to strangle her in the figurative sense. "Are you kidding me..." he thought grudgingly while looking for an ad-hoc song with his mood.

Fortunately, when they got into the car, Kay remained in the passenger seat, but not before helping her to put on her seatbelt. "Ah ... you here ... it's true; Kay told me you would come, "Emma said reluctantly.

Marc looked at her and without answering; he engine the car's motor and headed to the hospital. Once they arrived, they sat down to wait for their turn. To avoid listening to Emma's chatter, Marc opted to put on headphones and turn up the volume to the music; only because he loved Kay he was making a great effort to tolerate her. While they waited, Marc looked at her out of the corner of his eye. She was huge ... it seemed that she was going to give birth at any moment ... but for his misfortune, there were still two and a half months left for it. "It seemed funny to keep the account almost in detail; It was as if he were a prisoner counting the days to obtain his freedom ", he thought amused.