Chapter 36

I walk back and forth in the living room, anxious and nervous about damon's arrival. I wasn't anticipating any of this. What if he hates me? What if he decides he doesnt want me anymore.

For all I know he is the father of my baby girl and the man I love.
What will he do with the fact that we have a child
I dont think he will need me anymore, who will after this. After 4 years of no contact and practically being thrown off the face of the earth.

Calm down rose, calm down.

Just then I hear a car pulling over. The car door shuts and footsteps walking towards the door.

The door opens slowly, "Hey sis im sorry, traffic was Bitc-", he was cut off when he looks up to me in shock.

"Ro- Rose?", he mumbles, His face hard and filled with anger as he explores me from up to down anticipating weather all of this is a dream, as it is to me. "damon, im so-"

In a split second he drops the bags of what I assume is food and advances towards me. This it I'm going to get slapped, my mind and body waiting to recieve the long comprehended solution for my mistake; I stand still closing my eyes. He smashes his lips on to me, the kiss was rough and passionate as if he was dying and I'm his salvation, His hands wraps me in a tight hug and my fingers makes their way to his soft brown hair, just like how I left it. I needed this, He kisses me like theres no tomorow.

"Where were you", he asks, breaking the kiss but his arms still wrapped around me. I stare into his deep blue eyes, that has pain hidden underneath them.

"WHERE WERE YOU!", he asks again with so much authority.

"I- I went to paris", I say my eyelevel at his chest.

"Haven't i told you not to look down when you are talking to me rose", His voice laced with affection but authoritive.

I jerked my head up to meet his eyes, I cannot face him, after what I did to him, my guilt it fucking tripping me over. He deserves better.

"Im nothing without you rose", he says, as he brings his forehead to mine. "My life is meaningless without you, I've tried to forget, but I can't, I can't, I love you so much", he says, his voice husky and deep just like how i remembered it. My vision gets blurry with the tears brimming my eyes, "Im sorry damon, im sorry", i sob. "I love you so much damon, no one has ever been able to fill your space". Just then what seems forever a smile crept up on his face and he kissed my forehead. "I need to tell you someth—".

Our intimate moment was brought short when my phone started to ring. "Hello, yes kiara"?

"Rose, baby lily have been crying for awhile", she says panicked.

"I'll be right there! Please keep lily safe!", i say worried.

"I have to go", I say damon. Shit he doesn't know, He notices im in an emergency, worrying it might take too long, "lets go",

We arrive at my hotel the ride was too short to discuss and he was too occupied driving knowing im in a hurry. We make our way to the hotel room and we see kiara pampering lily in her arms, she is awake but quite on her chest.  I let out a breath I didnt know I had. Followed by a shocked damon standing beside me.

                        Damon
"Damon I can expla—",

"Who's the father rose", I cut her off. She doesnt answer, debating weather to lie to me or evade it, which deffinetly wont happen.

Her facial features look exactly like rose but her eyes, her eyes are of an exact copy of me.
Is she, is she mine?

Now my gaze set on rose, "who's the father of that baby girl, rose",
Exaggerating on the last word. My eyes deadpanned on rose waiting eagerly for her answer.

"Yours damon", she confided, as she turned her gaze to the baby.

"How old is she",

"3",

Following her faze, I walked towards a confused person holding her, Is she really mine,

"Can I hold her", I ask, her face looking at rose for confirmation in which she gives it, I take her into my arms, My soft little baby girl with Her little giggles. I tremble, I fall down to my knees, crying, I missed this, how did I miss this, I missed the birth of my first baby, I missed being there with rose while she gave birth. Most of all I am already a terrible father to a beautiful baby girl named lily, Where was I when my family needed me the most.

I hugged my baby girl, safe in arms, I couldn't protect my Rose but from now on I promise to protect my queen and my princess giggling in my arms.

Rose walked towards us, falling down to her knees, tear lines evident on her cheeks, I engulfed her into our embrace and kissed her forehead, as she wraps her arms arround me and lily, my heart has never been so happy.

I am complete.