chapter 34

Its monday morning and I'm already at my airport, with lily on my lap waiting for my private jet to arive, which is uncommon, sitting at the terminal with kiara, her attention to her phone and notepad jotting every detail she finds inportant.

I've released nanna for a few days, her homeplace is in the countryside, knowing she misses her family so much I've given her a week to stay and rest. Afterall she has been at my beck and call for the last 4 years.

My workers bringing up my bags to board the jet . Me and kiara goes inside with all the luxury detail I designed myself, just then lily started to cry. "Shhh baby whats wrong?", I cooed.

"Im scared mommy", she blurts through her loud crying.

"Heyy, mommy is here okay, nothing will happen to you okay?", I cooed again, holding her little hands that are curved into tiny fists. Kissing her forehead I take my seat at the window. Kiara takes a choice of her own and started working on her lap.

Lily has already fallen alseep against my chest and I didnt have much time to sleep, my mind filled with thoughts and strategies trying to implement each and every one of them.

After 2 hours, we arrive. We make our way to the car that is waiting for us and drive to the hotel, kiara booked us two grande suites, I knew lily's loud cries will keep both of us awake. At least one of us.

Placing lily on the bed, she looks so peaceful with her little lips parted apart abit. I kiss her cheeks and unpack my stuff.

"Kiara?, can you stay with lily for awhile, I have to be somewhere",

"Yeah sure, I'll be here until you come, and dont worry, baby lily is under my protection", she says, with a tender smile.

"Thankyou so much", I say, and left the hotel. Getting into the car.
All my drivers are trained to know all my known locations and destinations.
"Where to ma'am"?, asks the driver. "To Katie's", I reply.

After a solid 15 minute ride, I get off the car, man traveling is hell tiring. I see Kate's house, its just like it used to be. The flower pots and the placement of racks outside is just like.. its just like home.

I make my way through the gate and walk towards the door. Finally reaching the doorstep. I knock. Theres no answer. I knock again.

"Commmingg", she screams

She has no idea who's at the other side of the door. I stand nervously waiting.

Just then the door flew open. With katie standing there wide eyed. She doesent look so different from the last time I saw her, except she has gotten abit chubby and wha- a baby bump????

"Ka- katie, its nice to see you", I say, unsure of the situation.
She doesnt reply, the shock and wide eye still present in her face.

"Um kat-", I was interrupted by a tight hug, "where the hell have you been", screams katie, crying on my shoulder.Catching on with flow I hugged her back, stroking her hair. "I missed you too, katie", she continues to cry, "why didnt you tell me, do you know how much I tried to contact you, I was gonna to the cops thinking they killed you", she screams again. "I met james and he told me the whole story, you dont deserve to be my best friend", she sobs again. "I missed you so rose, I miss you so much", warm tears trembling down my cheeks as is cooed her and calmed her down.

We both made our way to the kitchen, catching up with her life. She married kevin, bearing her first child, hoping to name her olivia or Blake if its a baby boy, They are building their own house not to far away from here, shes the architecture of her own project, and hoping to move by the end of next year.

"Damon doesn't know does he", she asks

I froze on the spot, unable to comprehend what he will do or say, knowing I left him like that and far worse, knowing he doesn't know he is a dad.
I smile at katies question looking down at my teacup katie prepared me, it was this same house i spilled my tea on him, tears brimming my eyes, "no", is all I say.

"He is coming tonight", she says, I stopped drinking and looked straight into her eyes. "I will leave the house by 8, saying im out to get groceries, you guys can mend, and im rooting for you, rose. He hasn't been the same ever since you sent that message. He flew abroad saying this place has so much of memories of you he can't forget. And no he is not married or banging some random chick", i felt a weight lift off of my shoulders as she said that. "He loves you so much rose", she says as she leaves gets up from the couch. "Where are you goin?", I ask. "Duh? Its 7.55 i musy be heading to get the groceries", she giggles.