Chapter 2

Everything changed, when it all ended in just. one. night.

we were going to the newly opened restaurant near town; giggling while David my grandpa was driving and cracking up jokes and mom next to me laughing her lungs out and trying to contain the laughter before she snorts.

Just then a huge truck came and hit us; making our car roll over and stop upside down.

The only thing I remember was the blood gushing through mom's head and the glass shattered on the road, as darkness took over me.

The next thing I know, were the bright lights as woken up from a coma after 5 months, I had dramatically lost weight and my bones were already on display as if I came out right from a zombie movie.

Things were not easy for dad, as soon as I woke up he hugged me with tears brimming in his eyes, " I thought you would leave me too" he said. which I knew mom had already left us and so did my grandpa

I was too shocked to swallow the news nor how to feel I was sent to counseling and other therapeutic treatments soon after.

After a few years dad was stable and so was I after rehab. but he felt lonely..

"Honey?, can I talk to you?" called out dad.
I walked out from my room then into his study where he was busy typing in his laptop, when he saw me he diverted his attention to me. making us both take a seat on the nearby couch.

"honey, I know that you've been lonely in this house and it has never been home without mom.
by now tears were pricking at the corners of my eyes. noticing this he paused and his facial expression showed that he thought of softer way to break it down to me.
"yeah, go on dad" I replied, neglecting my thoughts.
"I uh-, wanted to introduce you to vanessa and her two daughters Briana and Susan.
to keep you company and liven this house up a bit, what do you say".
Trying to take in what he was comprehending, I was dumbstruck not to the fact that dad found a new wife but to the fact that mom is not here anymore and I have to accept that.
Trying to anticipate my answer, dad rests his arm on my shoulder and gives a pat.
"alright dad, im okay with it" I fumble as i hugged him with tears in both our eyes.