Chapter 32

4 years later

"Arrange the main conference hall for the meeting at 10.00 and push back today's schedule, that will be all", I said to my new assistant kiara, she takes note and leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

My old assistant is on maternity leave and I have to teach kiara everything from scrap. I love her but she needs more polishing and I can get that done in no time.

I walk towards the window in my office that gives me a clear view of the city. Staring into the space. My mind wanders.

I am here because of my mother, my education at the french college gave me enough knowledge to run and manage my own business and stand strong where I am today.

I am the CEO of UKIYO, which means living in the moment detachment from the pain in life, which is a  multi billion company, that produces products from clothes to shoes, from kitchenware to garden products all over the world.

All my employees are happy and well motivated because I provide them better programs of adequate training and advice weekly, they have their utmost respect and loyalty towards me. I consider my company and all my employees as family, we work as  one team.

I was even placed in for the top 3 most powerful women in the world. I didnt like the spotlight and fame so I've always tried to keep my face hidden from the public eye, which is like 1% of success rate.

Ive always managed to get a deal closed and thus making my way to the highest level on the corporate ladder.

It all goes down to one goal I've been waiting my entire life.
To ruin my father like he ruined my mother. To take back what is rightfully mine.

I've changed my number, and only given it to sophie and james. I've always kept in touch with them.

Life has been rough at the beginning, I didnt know what to do, my innocence got the worst of me, I was harassed and abused in college by seniors. Just like my shadow, the abuse follows. But then one day I decided to stand up for myself, stand up from all that shit. I shoved a knife into a guy's leg for harassing me, since that day on, no one dared look at me in the face. Ever since I became fearless and ruthless.

My thouthts run to the love of my life dam— "Miss Rose, its time for your meeting", interupts kiara.

"Alright, thankyou kiara, and how many times have I told you to call me rose when its just us", I huff, straightening my attire.

"You know I cant do that Miss ros - uh, Rose", she giggles. Which earns a chuckle from me as well.

I pat on her shoulder, "Now, lets go take over my fathers company", I smirk, before making my way to the board of directors waiting for me.

Little by little im going to ruin you dad, you dont deserve a second chance after what you did to mom. Im going to make sure you rot in hell.

"Goodmorning to you all", I say, as I take a seat in the empty chair waiting for me, surrounded by the best trained and globally experienced directors.

Taking a pen and twirling it between my fingers, my eyes set dead straight on everyone.
"So, Where shall we begin".