Chapter 17

and excused myself out, through the back gate at the garden where no one was.

"Hello?" I questioned

"My dear, I have an emergency and i have to get home soon" replied james

"ofcourse james, im at the back gate" i said.

"I'll be there" He replied.

I got into the sedan that arrived at my footstep in nearly seconds of my departure, trying to hurry out of the place and not being able to say goodbye to dad's friends, not that they will notice anyway. But katie will once she notice im gone without saying Bye.

I'll just call her or go to her place the first thing i do tomorow

I hurried back home knowing james had an emergency to deal with, i couldnt ask because he was too concentrated on driving. the whole ride was silent.

As soon as I got home; dropped by Mrs James, I hugged him so ever tightly for being able to make this night a memorable one.
and stood there staring until the car was out of sight.

I made my way home Vanessa and the two had already fallen asleep.. They got home sooner than i expected. Obviously their presence is announced when heals and purses have been thrown on the couch and floor.

I guess the tiredness had already taken toll on them..

I slowly made my way into my room and took off my dress and hopped in for a long warm bath.. as my mind wanders or rather replay what had happend an hour ago..

His voice was so calming.. I felt drawn to him in some way I couldn't even understand..
It was like the moonlight gave his eyes power to illuminate ..

His embrace was so warm.. as if it were puzzle against my frame, and his warm palm that cupped my cheek.

I felt safer in his arms.

The faint music, breeze and that whole moment was so magical.

If only mom would be here to spill the tea..

With these thoughts, darkness took over me.