Chapter 21

We took off.

I decided to break the silence in the ride as soon as we took off.

"So um, you're Katie's brother, its nice to finally meet you"

"yup",  he says popping the p.
"Well its not actually the first time, AKA manwhore", he finishes with a smirk.

I chuckle nervously.

"and its a pleasure to meet you, katie has been telling so much about you, we both would've met one way or another", he says, while his stance is at the road.

What did he mean by that? Is he refering to the dance last night? Does he know that it wad me?

"oh um, about that, I'm sorry I spilled that coffee on you, aaand for calling you a manwhore", I say playfully, trying to lighten the tension between us.

"Thats alright", he laughs.

"Have you always been that clumsy, princess?", He asks, staring at me, while his eyes travel to my lips. making me hot in my seat.

"I uh- ", i stumble, when he stops the car.

"Oops, almost hit a soul", he says, jerking the car to the red lights, while waiting until its go time.
I couldn't contain my laughter, "you could've hit her, damon and its not funny", I snort.

for the first time I called out his name, he was taken by supprise and restores quickly.

"I know, i know, I wouldn't harm anyone, I've always been careful with my driving, princess ", he replies sarcastically.

"You looked lovely last night", he says while staring deeply into eyes.

Taken back by the sudden statement, "Oh um, thankyou, so did you",having a tight smile.

So he does know it was me. Feeling a tinge of happiness forming in me. Wait. Why am I feeling this way?

"That was a pretty magnificent mask, may I ask how you got it", he questions

"Well, it was my mom's, I dont remember exactly how she got it but she wore it on my 9th birthday", I reply, with tears pricking in the corners of my eyes , which doesn't go unnoticed by hin

"Im sorry", he says, while placing his free hand on my hand which is turned into a fist clenching my dress.

"Its alright, I just miss her alot ", my attention now diverted to the passerbys.

Just then the greenlight beamed up and he drove, the drive for 15 minutes was silent and comfortable and then we reached the destination.

"we're here", he says.

Damon ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें