Getting To Know You

People keeping track of my movements...

You stared at him in confusion, "I don't know what you mean."

Elijah's mood changed almost instantly and he took the tray of food away, "You do. You just don't want to talk about it."

You watched as he set the tray down by the door and turned to look at you, an empty smile on his face, "Now, why wouldn't you want to talk about it?"

You stared at him, "For one, you guys never listen to me or my side of the story."

He frowned, "So if I promise to listen, you'll tell me?"

You narrowed your eyes, "If you actually listen."

He walked over and sat on the bed beside you, "I'm all ears."

Sighing, you look down at your lap, "I didn't want to spend the night with Mason, and nothing happened. I just woke up around midnight and he was in my bed. He didn't try anything, I told him to leave, but in the end we both just fell back asleep." You looked at him. "That's all."

He scanned your face, trying to find any indication of lying, "That's all?"

"That's all." You repeated.

He relaxed and you mentally sighed.

"If that's the case then I'm sorry for losing myself for a few seconds." He said sheepishly, glancing at you.

"...It's alright. You guys just have to listen to me sometimes." You murmured, looking out the window.

"It's kind of hard to listen to the person who's got thoughts of escaping." He said with a laugh.

"Maybe if you guys had gotten to know me like normal people, I might've been more inclined to hang out with you." You scowled.

"Who says we can't do that now?"

You looked at him, confused.

"Well, if that's what your main problem is...then we can work towards getting to know you and vice versa." He grinned.

"Well that's not my only issue there's-"

"Besides! I'd like to know more about you, even though we know a lot. I'd like you to get to know me too. It's a perfect idea!"

"Elijah I don't think-"

"Where do you want to go to talk? The gardens? The pool? The kitchen? The-"

"Elijah!" You shouted, cutting him off.

"What?" He looked at you in confusion.

"You killed my friends! That's my main issue. I can't possibly get to know you after that." You glared.

"Simple. Just forget." He said indifferently.

You raised an eyebrow, "No. That's not how that works."

"It could be. I always forget the things that are unpleasant to me." He stood up and held out his hand.

"What?" You asked, glancing at it.

"Let's go get to know each other." He smiled.

"Did you not just hear me?" You snapped.

Did you not just hear me? Forget it." He pulled you towards the door.

You pulled your hand away, "Elijah. I mean it."

"And I mean it too (Y/n). Let's go. I hate seeing you so miserable all the time." He yanked you into the hallway.

"Then let me go home."

"Can't do that. Everyone's looking for you." He stated as the two of you walked down the hall.

You sighed and glanced at the clock standing at the top of the stairs against the wall.

11:05.... That note said 11:28. I need to shake him off soon.

He pulled you down the stairs, humming to himself and started going down the hall.

"Elijah..." You trailed off, stopping.

"Hm?" He turned around to look at you.

"If I agree to... get to know you more, can we do it at a later time?" You asked.

He frowned, "Why later?"

"I wanted to do some self-exploring today since its the first full day I've been here without something happening." You explained.

"I don't know."

"It can still be today, but later. Please?" You added.

He looked at you for a few moments before sighing, "Fine. In the afternoon then."

You smiled and nodded, "I'll probably be in my room so just stop by there."

"Okay... See you later (Y/n)." He turned on his heel and continued down the hallway.

You smiled and waved, watching him go. Once he turned the corner, your act dropped and you scowled. Turning, you went down the side hallway that led to the gardens.

Stupid boy thinking I can forget those images.... Who in their right mind would forget that?

You pushed open the door and started walking down the path, lost in thought.

How stupid of them. If they just took me home then we could act like-

"Psst, (Y/n)... Over here." A voice said and you stopped, peering around.

A hand pushed a bush aside and green eyes met yours.

"Gale!" You said as you ran over to him, "Why are you here early? There's 15 minutes left before we were supposed to be here."

He looked at you, confused, "I don't know what you're talking about, but I was taking the dogs for a walk." He grabbed your hand and pulled you through the bush.

Emerging on the other side you found that you were in the area of grass behind the gazebo. Orion and Shiro were play fighting and there was a blanket set up near a taller bush.

"This is so cool." You said as you walked over to the dogs. They both ran over to you and started jumping up to get your attention.

"It's peaceful out here. No one comes around except for Sean occasionally." Gale sighed, sitting down on his blanket.

"Is this why you wanted me to come to the garden?" You asked, petting a dog on the head.

"I didn't ask you to come to the garden." He said with a laugh.

You frowned, "Yes you did. In the envelope on my bedside table. It was signed with a G"

He looked at you in a mixture of concern and worry, "(Y/n), I never wrote you a note."

"But...It said come meet you here at 11:28 signed G"

"I didn't sign that note and I never asked you to meet here." He said, his face now filled with worry and fear. 

A/N: Sorry the chapters short, I've been drained lately. Anyway, for those of you who watched Hazbin Hotel we're friends now. Sorry I don't make the rules. (Go watch the new video too). Also....  Thanks for the support and hope you guys have a great day!