New Experience

You leaned back in your chair, your arms crossed. To your right and in front of you, the group of boys sat around yours and Xander's desks writing things down on paper.

"Why are all of you still here?" You mumbled as you tried to move your chair as far away from them as possible. It wasn't that much distance though, seeing as you sat next to the wall.

"You didn't give a straight answer." Elijah stated as his eyes glanced between his paper and a textbook that were lying on your desk.

"Maybe because I don't want any help." You shot back as you tried to get any negative reaction from them. It was much easier to yell at people who had an angry side.

Xander held some of your homework assignments and quizzes in his hands. He had asked for them and after a few minutes of heated arguing, he'd just dug into your backpack and pulled them out. His brow furrowed as he compared what was written.

"(Y/n). Your homework's completely correct...but you have bad scores on your tests. Why is that?" He looked up at you questioningly.

You shrugged, "Tests bore me more."

You heard Vincent laugh quietly.

"What is something wrong?" You growled, feeling slightly embarrassed.

He looked at you and smiled, "No. Nothing."

You nodded and turned your attention back to Xander.

"But if you're doing everything perfectly right on your homework, why not try to get everything perfect on your tests?" Xander flipped the pages over, trying to find some irregularity.

All you did was give another shrug and sink in your chair.

"What's this~" Sean said excitedly as he pulled something out from underneath Elijah's textbook.

Your eyes widened, "Hey! Give that back." You reached for the notebook in his hands.

He smiled at your distressed and angry face, "Is it private? Oh! Is it a diary? Do you have a love confession in here? Or maybe-"

You smacked his hand causing the notebook fall to the desk and picked it up, "It's none of your business."

Elijah furrowed his brow, "What's so important in there?"

You slipped the notebook in your backpack and leaned your chair back causing the front two legs to come off the ground, "Nothing." A sigh escaped your lips, "Geez. Are all of the people in the top class this nosey? You guys just came out of nowhere and started bugging me. What makes you think that I'd be willing to be completely open with you and act all friendly?"

"Well, I'd say we're pretty friendly so that should make it easier for you to be friendly to us." Vincent offered, "I'd wish you'd sit properly in your chair though. You could fall to the ground and hit your head."

You raised your eyebrows, "Why are you worrying. Everyone does this." You let out a small laugh, "Are you always like this?"

Vincent's cheeks were dusted pink and he hurriedly focused his attention back on his homework, "N-No."

You glanced at Vincent and then at Xander who was staring at you intently, "Did I do something?"

He blinked a few times, "O-Oh! No, he's always been the mother of the group...and slightly shy...I guess."

You nodded understandingly. So they were all friends. Layken must be similar to him. "Hey, uh, you guys really can go somewhere else. I don't need the help and I'm sure it's uncomfortable to be huddled around two desks."