Chase

Suddenly someone grabbed your hand and you were yanked back. A hand snaked around your waist and you stood there for a few moments, shocked.

Layken's eyes widened slightly before anger flashed in them, "Leave her alone!"

The person pressed you against their chest, "Why not? I'm just returning her to her class."

You scowled. Of course it was Mason.

"She doesn't want to be around you." Layken took a step towards the two of you.

You pushed against him, trying to break free, but he only tightened his grip.

"And how would you know that?" Mason growled.

"I'm her best friend. She's told me how much of a scumbag you are."

You felt him tense up.

"Listen. I don't know who you are, but you're less popular than me. I'll make sure every day is hell on earth at this school for you if you don't leave us alone." Masons tone was cold and menacing.

"Mason!" You yelled as you looked up at him. "Stop it right now."

He looked down at you, "Love, why are you backing her up? She's less than you now. You don't need her."

You saw Layken slump as Mason degraded her.

"Never say that about my best friend." You growled. "Do not insult her. She's amazing and better than you in every way. If you try anything I'll-"

"You'll what?" Mason inquired, his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"I'll...go to another school." You stated.

He laughed, "I'll just drag you right back. In case you haven't noticed, I have the capabilities to do practically anything."

"Different countries have different rules." You shot back, slowly noticing his grip loosening.

"You can't go to another country, Love."

"Oh I assure you I can. My fathers a famous lawyer and has dragged me everywhere on this planet." You scowled.

"Famous lawyer..." His eyes lit up, "Do you mean (D/n) (L/n)?"

You nodded.

"That's great! Tell me, did you know our fathers know each other?" He laughed at your shocked expression.

"You're lying!" You growled. "I think I would know if I met an air-headed father and his stupidly arrogant son."

His face hardened, "That's not very nice (Y/n). Apologize."

You glanced at Layken, "No. You haven't apologized for anything you've done to me. So I won't be apologizing to you." You broke free of his grip and grabbed Layken's hand.

"(Y/n)-"

"Gotta blast. See you never Mason!" You called as you sped down the hallway, Layken running behind you.

He stood there for a few moments, shocked, before he started running after you, "(Y/n)! Come back here right now!"

You glanced over your shoulder, your eyes widening.

"How are you getting out of this one?" Layken asked as she ran beside you.

An idea formed in your head, but luck had a lot to do with it.

"Follow me." You shouted and turned to speed up the stairs.

"(Y/n). Stop right now or I'll have your friend expelled!" Mason yelled as he followed.