Baby Brain

“Hey… I’m alright, okay?” I said as I reached out to place a hand on Kaname’s lap. His hands clenched the steering wheel tightly while he was staring ahead with gritted teeth. He was very furious and to be honest, kind of scary. When he threw me a quick glance, I gave him a reassuring smile.

“Don’t downplay what just happened, Hinata,” he said coldly. “I can feel your hand trembling.”

I pursed my lips and furrowed my brows, I looked down and realized he was right. I was still shaking. I retracted my hand then clasped it with my other one and rested them on my belly. I said nothing and so did he. The car was silent save for the occasional blowing of horn and outside noise that penetrated through the windows.

A sigh broke the silence. It was then followed by the sensation of a warm hand intertwining with my left. I looked at the man beside me, he was no longer furious but apologetic.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you,” Kaname said, taking advantage of the two-minute red light. “I’m just angry and frustrated because I wasn’t there when you needed me the most…”

I shook my head to let him know I understood where he was coming from, however… “But you do scare me when you’re this angry,” I confessed.

I felt him stiffen then relax.

“I’m sorry, I never meant to scare you. That’s the last thing I would ever want…” he glanced at the traffic light before unbuckling his seatbelt. He then cupped my face and gave me a deep and passionate kiss of apology.

I felt myself responding and my hands encircled his waist. I wanted to press myself closer to him but I was restricted by the securing straps of my seat. I let out a soft moan when he nibbled at my lower lip before plunging his warm tongue inside my mouth to dance with mine once again. For the first time in months, I wanted my husband again…

“Ana—” I started to say but the sound of a car horn stopped me. Judging from its length, the driver must be annoyed as heck.

Kaname let go of me to hurriedly refasten his seatbelt and drive forward. He was panting slightly as he did so. I couldn’t stop my fingers from touching the part of my lip that he gently bit just now, he gave me a quick glance but it was enough for me to see the desire burning inside his beautiful eyes. He felt it, too. I squeezed my thighs together when I saw him absentmindedly licking his lower lip. The words “I want him” played in a loop inside my head, I was strangely getting more and more aroused…

“If you keep staring at me like that I’m afraid I won’t be able to bring you to a hospital. I’ll bring you to the first hotel I’ll see instead.” Although his words were warning me, his tone was begging me to continue.

“But I can’t help it,” I retorted, pretending to be slightly aggrieved.

He chuckled. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as though he was touching me. “Be a good girl, mahal…”

I pouted and looked away sulkily.

“Do you really want it that much?” he asked playfully. “Aren’t you afraid of what I might do to you if I indulge your unspoken request?”

“What do you mean?” I was extremely curious. “Why should I be afraid?”

“It has been months since I went on a forced abstinence… Not to mention you were always so grumpy towards me all the time,” he replied. “If I were to give in to what my honorable self and what your body wants right now, you might accuse me of bullying you.”

I gasped, understanding what he meant. He had the sexual appetite of an incubus, he wouldn’t settle for just one round or two.

Kaname smirked. “But I’m glad you’re fine now. Oh, the things I can’t wait to do with you…”