A Zillion Questions

After whispering more words of love and making out like teenagers, Kaname and I decided to leave the bed to shower. We almost took forever because, aside from marveling at the modernness of my bathroom, Kaname wanted to devour me again. The innocent task of soaping each other turned into heavy petting. His skillful hands and mouth wandered into places that he knows would elicit a sexual reaction from me. I did my best not to fall into my beast of a husband's trap, especially since Charles, erm... I mean... Riku stayed the night. Kaname only stopped when I reminded him that I promised to cook someone a meal. Although he was clearly disappointed, Kaname had no choice but to reluctantly let go of me.

After drying himself, Kaname rummaged through Charles' gym bag for a new set of clothes. He wore a black tank top that showed his toned arms and gave me delicious glimpses of his core muscles, he then paired it with a pair of track pants in the same color. When he put his bottoms on, I made a mental note to buy him a couple of boxer briefs.

It was already half past ten in the morning when we went down to the kitchen. Thankfully, Charles (I still can't make myself call that six footer Riku) was still asleep. I decided to make a simple breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. When Kaname saw me open the fridge to get the ingredients for our morning meal, his eyes widened. He asked me to show him how I did what I just did and asked me a zillion questions afterwards. He wanted to know what each compartment was for, why the trays were designed that way, and why there was "snow" inside such a "small box." He checked the crispers, the pantry drawers, the door bins, and the freezer drawers. He opened and closed the French doors of the fridge a dozen times as he tried to understand how such a machine could tell when to turn the LED lights on and off. He poked the frozen meats, sniffed the juices inside their cartons, and had a grand time with the ice maker.

"Amazing," he whispered seriously to himself.

When I twisted the knob of the burner to heat up the pan I was going to use, he marveled at the sight of the blue flame. I had to explain to him how a gas range worked and what an LPG tank was before I could finally get into cooking. I was only supposed to make a very simple meal but I felt like a cooking instructor teaching a newbie how to make coq au vin.

"Anata, why don't you go upstairs and wake Riku?" I suggested when he wouldn't stop mixing the pancake batter using the handheld mixer. I was afraid that if he continued, we'd be having rubbery disks instead of fluffy pancakes later. "Leave the cooking to me, I can manage."

"Which one is his room?" he asked then turned off the machine in his hand.

I secretly breathed a sigh of relief, it was really difficult to make him part from something that sparked his interest. I shudder to think how he'd react to the sight of a television, or worse, a car. I secretly reminded myself not to let Charles turn on the television. I could envision it now: Kaname, with the remote in his hand, flipping through hundreds of channels in the speed of light. Okay, that may be an exaggeration but judging from how he reacted to the fridge and the stove, it wasn't impossible at all!

"It's the room at the end of the corridor," I told him.

"Alright."

He went to the sink, turned the tap on and off for probably six times before finally wetting, soaping, and rinsing his floury hands. By this time, I thought I was close to expiring. His amazement was too much for me to handle right now! After giving me a quick peck on the lips, he finally went upstairs. The sight of his retreating back almost made me sing hallelujah! Finally, it was quiet and I could cook in peace! Without Kaname constantly asking me what this thing was and how it worked a la Dee Dee of Dexter's lab, minus the destroying and ruining of course, I was done in no time. It wasn't until I was finished setting up the table and Panther had almost finished his morning meal that I realized he and Charles were still upstairs.

"Anata? Charles?" I called at the foot of the stairs. "Breakfast is ready."

A few moments later, a harassed-looking Charles and a bright-eyed Kaname joined me at the dining table. I looked at Charles questioningly but he only shook his head and took a seat. Kaname, who was literally bouncing on his, couldn't resist telling me what had happened upstairs.

"Hina, Charles has this round, rotating machine in his room that produces wind. When I spoke in front of it, my voice changed. It was amazing!" he exclaimed. "Although I must say, his room is warmer than ours. I noticed that the temperature here is different as well, why is that?"

Ignoring Kaname's question, I turned to Charles to ask, "You used the fan?"

"Fan?" Kaname butted in. "I didn't see a fan inside his room."

"Yeah, I prefer it over air conditioners," Charles replied while scooping a heaping tablespoon of instant coffee into his mug. In the blink of an eye, he was already sipping his coffee. Judging how he gratefully drank his morning joe as if it was the only thing that would keep him from breaking down, I was certain that his father pestered him into explaining how the electric fan worked.

"Oi, why are you both not including me in this conversation?" Kaname complained.

"Anata, just eat," I sliced a piece of pancake and stuffed it into his mouth.

He gave me an annoyed look but did as he was told. From the corner of my eye, I saw Charles' shoulders visibly relax. However, he tensed up again when Kaname tasted the bacon.

"What is this?" Kaname held a strip between his fingers with the look of a man who just fell in love. "It tastes like heaven!"

"Uhh, I think I'll eat later," Charles excused himself and hurriedly left.

"Doesn't he like the food?" Kaname asked me, his expression perplexed.

"Oh, he does, he's just afraid that he'll be barraged by more questions," I replied as I poured him some tea.

"Questions?"

"Just eat, Kaname."